Here Comes the Sun

Virgil and Roman returned to Logan's room to see him sitting up and rubbing his head. They gasped.

"Logan," Roman gasped, saying his name for the first time in weeks. "You're okay."

"Yea... what happened?" Roman and Patton looked at a loss for words, but Virgil just sat down cross-legged in front of him.

"What's the last thing you remember?"

"I don't know. It's hard to put everything in order."

Virgil nodded. "Deceit was pretending to be you."

Logan's eyes widened. "For how long?"

"We're not sure."

"Do you remember...." Roman trailed off, not sure how to phrase what he was trying to say.

"He wants to know," Virgil explained, "Whether you remember dating him."

Logan raised his eyebrows. "Dating— n-no. I don't remember that."

Roman looked like he was going to cry, but he didn't. Virgil exhaled sharply. "Then... you've been out for more than a year."

"A year? How has Thomas functioned without me?"

"I don't know. But he's been fine."

"I suppose that's good."

~~~~

Everything kinda sucked. Logan was back, though, and Deceit wasn't around anymore. Virgil heard Patton humming "Here Comes the Sun," one day when he was cooking for them to all eat dinner together again for the first time. It got stuck in his head for a while and he started to sing it whenever it was quiet. Roman loved singing with him, so he would always join in. They were sitting on the couch together and singing softly when Patton walked in. He looked sad before he saw them.

"Hey, Patton," Roman greeted him.

"Hey, kiddos! What'cha doing?"

"Not much." Patton sat next to them on the couch and colored in a coloring book silently. After a while, Roman started singing again, and Virgil joined in. Patton smiled at them.

When they had sung the whole song through, Roman said, "I think I want to do something different for the next Sanders Sides video."

A few seconds later, Thomas called everyone out. "I think I want to do something different for the next Sanders Sides video."

"Well, then we should get to work on the script." The other three Sides looked slightly uncomfortable when Logan spoke. They were all trying to be careful, though, and not treat Logan badly because of what Deceit did. It was hard.

"Actually," Roman answered, speaking to him for the first time since the day he woke up, "that won't be necessary."

~~~~

Roman
Patton

VirgilLoganEveryone

Here comes the sun
Doo doo doo doo
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right.

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun.
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun.
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

Sun, sun, sun, here it comes

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun.
Here comes the sun, and I say
It's all right

Here comes the sun
Doo doo doo doo
Here comes the sun
It's all right
It's all right.

"Take it easy, guys, gals and nonbinary pals! Peace out!"