I Can't Decide

"Are you going to sing, Thomas?" Patton asked.

"Oh, I think people hear me sing often enough."

Logan sighed. "I suppose that means it's my turn." Thomas nodded. Logan walked up to the stage and waited for Virgil to put on the music. With an awkward cough, he did.

"It's not easy having yourself a good time."

Greasing up those bets and betters

Watching out they don't four-letter

F**k and kiss you both at the same time

Smells like something I've forgotten

Curled up died and now it's rotten

I'm not a gangster tonight

Don't want to be a bad guy

I'm just a loner baby

And now you got in my way

I can't decide

Whether you should live or die

Oh, you'll probably go to heaven

Please don't hang your head and cry

No wonder why

My heart feels dead inside

It's cold and hard and petrified

Lock the doors and close the blinds

We're going for a ride

It's a b***h convincing people to like you

If I stop now call me a quitter

If lies were cats you'd be a litter

Pleasing everyone isn't like you

Dancing jigs until I'm crippled

Slug ten drinks I won't get pickled

I've got to hand it to you

You've played by all the same rules

It takes the truth to fool me

And now you've made me angry

I can't decide

Whether you should live or die

Oh, you'll probably go to heaven

Please don't hang your head and cry

No wonder why

My heart feels dead inside

It's cold and hard and petrified

Lock the doors and close the blinds

We're going for a ride

Oh I could throw you in the lake

Or feed you poisoned birthday cake

I won't deny I'm gonna miss you when you're gone

Oh I could bury you alive

But you might crawl out with a knife

And kill me when I'm sleeping

That's why

I can't decide

Whether you should live or die

Oh, you'll probably go to heaven

Please don't hang your head and cry

No wonder why

My heart feels dead inside

It's cold and hard and petrified

Lock the doors and close the blinds

We're going for a ride

As soon as the music stopped, Logan stepped off of the stage. "We are finished now, correct?"

"Yup!" Thomas turned to the camera and did his outro. Nobody was listening.

Roman was frightened.

Virgil was angry, and he wanted to act but wouldn't because of how scared Roman seemed.

Patton was looking at Logan, confused.

Logan was tapping his foot out of frame.

"Peace out!" Logan sank out. Thomas and the other Sides did as well, right after, and appeared in the living room. Logan wasn't there when they arrived.

Thomas looked at the others. "What's wrong, guys?"

Patton answered, "That's... not how Logan sings... I think."

"No, it's not, it's... it's how..." Roman cleared his throat.

"It's how Deceit sings," Virgil finished.

"What?"

"Oh, that makes sense," Patton realised.

"And if he's impersonating Logan now," Roman choked/gagged/sobbed, "He could have been while we were dating."

Thomas' eyes widened. "What do we do? Should we call him out?"

"First, we need to ensure that Logan is safe," Roman said, again sounding confident. "Thomas, you should probably stay here. It'll start to drain you otherwise." Thomas nodded. The Sides sank out, each appearing in their own rooms.

Virgil took a deep breath to stave off an attack and walked out his door at the corner of the hall, where it turned and continued into darkness. His eyes wandered toward it, and he began to think of the days during which he breathed the same painful, dark air as Deceit and the others. He shook away the thoughts and turned down the hallway toward Logan's room.

Patton rose into his room and felt some of his panic about Logan melt away. For a second, he didn't want to leave and face it again, but he pushed it away; this reluctance would not do. He walked quickly out his door, refusing to be stalled when the fear trickled right back into his heart.

Roman rose into Logan's room. He found Logan crying and chained to his wall. He looked up as he noticed Roman. "Roman! Oh, thank God, it's been so, so long. Please help me. It hurts...." Roman rushed to his side and found the shackles locked. Ruffling quickly through the papers on his desk, he found a key. He went to Logan again and freed him.

"I'm so sorry, Logan. I should have known."

"Yes, you should have. I mean come on, Roman. I would never have agreed to date you." Roman drew back, confused. Something about this wasn't right. This wasn't how Logan acted, this was how—

Ah. Of course. His room had trapped him in a daydream again. He willed it away and, finding himself in his room again, promptly walked across the hall to Logan's room. He found the door already open and Patton already there. Virgil walked up to the door just as Roman did, and they shared a look before walking in. Patton looked up at them, scared and protective.

Logan was lying on a floor about a meter into the room, limbs splayed out (he had clearly fallen suddenly) and a dried line of very old blood coming out of the corner of his mouth. Roman thanked God that they didn't need sustenance to survive, and Virgil wondered how Logan had kept Thomas's logical functions up and running. He decided to worry about it later – his temporary explanation was that Logan was just that strong.

Roman fell to his knees at Logan's side as Virgil hovered anxiously. Patton shook his shoulder in vain. Of course, that wouldn't work. He would have woken up on his own by now. It had been months.

"What do we do?" Virgil asked, aiming the question at nobody in particular.

Patton looked up at him sadly. "I... don't know."