Chapter 25 ~ The Text

Start from the beginning

Turning my head to her, I looked at her as if she was insane. "Of course not. That would be suicidal."

She chuckled, shaking her head incredulously. "You're unbelievable."

"I could live with that," I said before walking up the stairs and into my room, shutting the door behind me.

I decided to bring out my computer from under the bed and turn it on to watch some series. What better way to make time pass than some movies? I opened up Netflix and clicked on a series that sounded interesting and began watching, the fact that my phone was still downstairs leaving my mind by the second.

After about two hours, I could hear a knock on my door, making me turn my attention off my computer. It opened just a second later, my mom's head showing up in the gap.

"Hello, honey. How are you today?" She asked, giving me a small smile.

She had been worried about me ever since that day I got home in the middle of the night when Harry left. It was obvious I didn't take his leave well, so she had asked me every day ever since if I was feeling better.

"I'm better, thank you," I replied, returning a genuine smile.

"I heard you texted him," she said, raising her eyebrows at me in excitement.

I snorted, looking back at my computer. "Yeah, but I don't think it'll make a difference. I've messaged him before, you know?"

"Yes, but I think this time will be different."

Pursing my lips, I just shook my head. "Tell me when dinner's ready. I'll be down there," I muttered.

Mom seemed to catch that I wasn't keen on talking more because she just nodded her head and shut the door behind her. Letting out a sigh, I clicked 'play' and continued watching the series. However, it didn't take more than an hour until mom was at the door again, telling me that dinner was ready.

I scrambled up from the bed and put my computer to the side, walking down the stairs to the kitchen where everyone was already sitting, waiting for me.

"When are you gonna check your phone?" Lottie asked, raising her eyebrows at me in expectation.

Sending her a glare, I reached out to plate some spaghetti. "I'm not," I muttered.

She snorted. "Yes you are. You're doing it after dinner," she told me determinedly.

I didn't reply to her but just began eating my food. It was my favorite dish after all. She was not going to destroy that for me. It turned out she didn't either because she dropped the topic with that, and thankfully, mom started talking about something else instead.

"How's it going with you and boys, honey?" Mom asked Lottie, making her blush.

This made me interested, a wide smile breaking out on my face. "Yeah, how's it going with the boys, Lotts?" I winked, earning a glare from her.

"It's great, thank you very much. Actually, I'm going on a date on Friday," she replied, flicking her hair.

I rolled my eyes while mom looked happy. "That's wonderful. Who is he? Do I know him?" She wondered, bringing her fork to her mouth.

Lottie shrugged, pursing her lips. "I don't know. His name's William Perry and we are in the same Math class."

Mom nodded slowly, but it didn't seem to ring a bell. It didn't for me either, but I knew that if it turned out he was an ass, he would surely get a dose of his own medicine.

Once we were all finished, I headed back to my bedroom, but not before going to the living room to fetch my phone. I made sure not to look at it though as I brought it to my room.