Chapter 13 ~ The Tweet

[Louis]

That fucking liar. How dared he even answer 'your relationship' when he had abandoned me as he did? Unless he did because he didn't like me anymore... But judging by his and Liam's relationship now and how Harry was acting towards other people - especially girls - he had done nothing but lied on this test.

Feeling angry about it, I balled the paper in my hands and tossed it in the nearest trash can. I stomped my way out of the building and didn't even think twice before making my way home. If I had bumped into Harry on my way, I would probably have punched him in the face. He should be happy that he didn't cross paths with me.

Once home, I tossed my backpack on the floor and got rid of my jacket and shoes before going into the kitchen to look for some food. It wasn't until I closed the fridge that I realized Lottie was sitting at the kitchen table, munching on some cereal with her phone in her hand. When she noticed I was looking at her, she glanced up, a smile forming on her lips. "Hi."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I walked over to sit down across from her. "Have you been sitting there all the time or did you just appear out of nowhere?"

She chuckled, placing her phone on the table. "I've been sitting here for almost half an hour, so the answer is no, I did not appear out of nowhere."

"How weird. I didn't notice you..." I trailed off, running my hands over my face. I was so exhausted after today. All I wanted was to lay down on my bed and fall asleep. Then I could wake up in a month or so, and hopefully, I would be alright until then.

Lottie must've noticed that something wasn't right with me because she instantly questioned me if I was okay. I wanted to lie, but she was my sister and could read me like an open book, so I knew there was no use. "Honestly, no. I feel like shit."

I said it so straightforward that she muffled a laugh with her hand. After a second though, she got herself together and turned back to being serious. "Tell me."

And so I did. I told her everything that had happened since the day Harry came back. Every interaction we'd had and how he had behaved. I also told her about my weird English teacher and how Liam had kind of threatened me earlier today. She listened carefully throughout my entire speech and seemed really interested. Once I was finished, she stayed silent with a deep frown on her face.

"Alright," she said after a minute of silence. "I think there is a reason behind his behavior. I mean, clearly, he is acting different in general considering Liam who is probably the closest person to Harry right now told you so. Additionally, didn't you say that he even chose your favorite pasta on that test and also brought your books back to your locker for you? Someone who hates you would never do that."

I bit my lip. She may be right, but that still didn't make matters better. I was still as confused as before. Sure, maybe Harry didn't hate me, but what did he feel towards me if not? We'd barely even talked. He'd merely showed different signs with his body language that he didn't hate me, if so.

"Okay, let's say he doesn't hate me. It still doesn't change anything. It doesn't change the fact that he abandoned me when he got famous, and it doesn't change the fact that he treated me like shit when he came back."

She nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you're right about that. I didn't mean that it was okay for him to act as if nothing has happened between you. Or well, at least as if he hasn't done anything wrong. He deserves to know what he did to you."

I let out a sigh, running my hand through my hair. "This is all just so fucked up. I don't understand why he is acting so weird. It was easier when he treated me badly. Then I at least knew he still disliked me and I had a very good reason to hate him."