Chapter 32 ~ The Shock

[Louis]

I decided to watch the interview when I got home that day. I didn't want to be in school witnessing what could happen in it. If the wrong things were said, I wouldn't want to be faced with the entire school after watching it.

I took my time once I had slammed the front door shut, getting out an empty bowl from the cabinet and a box of cereal along with some milk from the fridge. It wasn't until after I had finished eating that I first went up to my room, locking the door behind me and pulling my laptop from under my bed.

Lying down, I turned it on and went onto Youtube to find the video, preparing myself for the worst even though I didn't want things to be that bad.

He was on "The Late Late Show" with James Corden, and I knew from past interviews how well Harry got along with him. It was obvious in this interview as well, seeing how they joked around with each other. Still, till this day, I found it weird to see my childhood best friend being in an interview like this. It was just something I would never get used to.

They started talking about his tour but moved on to the new song he wrote a few weeks ago. Honestly, it was a subject that hadn't been very common in his last few interviews even if it should be considering it was new. Maybe his Management had made it clear that it stayed out of them since the song was written about me.

"Alright, so your new song is about a special person who means a lot to you, isn't it?" James asked, to which Harry nodded hesitantly.

"And rumors are going around that you and Leah Turner are dating. This means she is the person the song is about, right?"

I could feel how my breath got stuck in my throat by the question, and if it weren't for the fact that Harry looked unsure, I would've turned the video off right then. However, his facial expression made me continue watching even if my heart was practically beating out of my chest. I didn't want to hear this.

"Uh... Actually," he started, scratching the back of his neck. "I wrote the song before I started going out with her."

Did he just say that? I must've heard wrong. He just confirmed that the song was about her, didn't he? But judging by the surprised look on James' face, I realized I hadn't heard him wrong. He really said that Leah wasn't the person he had feelings for.

"Oh... Then who is it about?" He wondered, pushing his chin forward in curiosity.

Harry swallowed hard, glancing towards the camera. "It's about a special person who has always been there for me, even if I weren't there for them. We are childhood best friends," he explained, making my heart sink a little.

I mean sure, he did confess that the song was about me, but I wasn't only his childhood best friend, I was so much more than that.

"So, the song is actually about a friend of yours and not a lover?" James asked, seeming confused.

The curly haired boy looked unsure again. He took a deep breath before shaking his head. "No, he is my lover as well."

Right then, I swear my heart exploded in my chest. Those words... I had been wanting to hear him say them since he was in The X Factor. I never thought he would hide me from his fans, but seeing as he didn't even want to hear a word from me, I realized it was so much more than that. This was the moment I had been waiting for, the moment when he stopped being embarrassed by me.

"He?"

There was no doubt that James' jaw was getting closer and closer to the floor. It looked like it was about to fall off, so surprised was he.