Chapter 11 ~ The Test

[Louis]

I had no idea why, but I went to school the next day as usual. What Harry said yesterday about us having to do the test anyway was probably true. There was no reason for him to lie. However, I didn't want to be chicken, and if what he said really was true, then we would have to do it anyway. It didn't matter if it was today or next week. What surprised me though was how Harry didn't seem to be more against this. It was like he didn't even care, and it was weird.

So, I wasn't exactly eager to get to school this morning. Honestly, I would have much rather stayed in my bed and buried myself alive, but unfortunately, my mom was determined to get me up. With a deep sigh, I shut the front door behind me and walked to Hannah's house to meet up with her.

The second I reached up to knock on her front door, it opened and I was met with a bright smile. "Good morning, Lou."

I let my hand drop as I felt my lips twitch. "Morning, love."

Leaning in, I pressed a chaste kiss to her lips before she stepped out of the house and we started heading to school. We made small talk all the way there until we were inside the building, standing at her locker. She had her back to the lockers while I was standing in front of her, my hands on her hips.

We were just staring into each other's eyes for a minute until she spoke up; "Don't be tough on your teacher today. I'm sure he pulled out a lot of hair yesterday morning when you left his class," she winked, making me roll my eyes.

"I'll try my best," I winked.

She nodded. "And try to make it work with Harry. Just... don't make things worse, alright?"

I sighed."Yeah, I guess. I'll try my best."

"Good," she smiled, leaning in to kiss my lips. "I guess I'll see you later then, yeah?"

"Of course."

With that said, she slipped out of my hold and went to her class. When she was about to round the corner, she looked back to give me a wave and a small smile. I couldn't help but let my lips twitch at the sight. She was just too sweet.

I started walking to my own locker after that, thinking about what Hannah had just said. I would try my best to make things work with Harry, but that didn't mean I was going to like it.

This morning, I wasn't met with Niall at my locker, which was good because I was almost running late. It was only two minutes until the bell would ring and that was the exact time it would take for me to reach the classroom. I almost sprinted through the hallway, getting a few weird looks from people, to which I just shrugged off. The bell rang just as I entered English class, and I let out a sigh of relief as I sat down at my usual desk.

Mr. Waltz raised an eyebrow at me. "I see you made to class, Mr. Tomlinson."

I grimaced, recalling how I had just sprinted off yesterday. "Yeah, I apologize for yesterday. I had a bad day."

He nodded curtly. "Well, you'll still have to do the test today though. If Mr. Styles shows up that is," he said, glancing towards the closed door.

My eyes darted to where Harry usually sat next to Brittany, only to see that he was, in fact, not there. It seemed like he was the one skipping today... Well, I shouldn't be surprised. I knew he wanted to do this test as little as I did.

It went silent after that, and just as Mr. Waltz was about to start the lesson, the classroom door was slammed opened dramatically. Well, that could only mean one thing. The pop star was entering...