Chapter 16 ~ The Attention

[Louis]

Christmas rolled around and we were finally free from school for a couple of weeks. Well, it was just two weeks, but it was definitely well needed. Not only because I needed to get my head around everything that had to do with Harry, but also because it was always nice to be off school and just relax.

I spent Christmas and my birthday together with mom, Fizzy, Lottie and gran. I was happy it was only the five of us. It was just my eighteenth birthday anyway, no need to go all out for that. However, I did call Hannah over in the evening so we could spend some time watching a good movie and just enjoy each other's company. Of course, she'd bought me a present, which I found totally unnecessary, but she insisted, telling me I deserved it.

With a roll of my eyes, I had opened it only to realize she had bought me an expensive watch. I couldn't believe my eyes. What had I ever done to deserve something as pretty as that? One thing was for sure, and it was that I had not been the best boyfriend at least.

I met up with Niall and Zayn a few days after that too, playing some FIFA. Ever since the party, I'd been suspicious that there was something fishy going on between the two of them, and after hanging out with them that day, my suspicions hadn't faltered. The way they acted in each other's company... I could tell there was something going on there, but I wouldn't be too hard on them to find out. They would tell me when they were ready. Maybe they hadn't figured everything out themselves yet.

It was now Saturday, only this weekend left until school would start again, and I was sitting in the living room, munching on some cereal and milk with a blanket on top of me. The TV was on, but I wasn't too concentrated on it, too busy being caught up in my phone.

However, when I heard a certain name being mentioned, I couldn't help but snap my eyes up to the source. Harry was on television, being interviewed by some journalist. I could tell by the uncertainty in his eyes that it was live, otherwise he'd never show uncertainty nowadays.

Feeling a bit infatuated with it, I turned the volume up and put my phone on the couch beside me. He was sitting in an armchair, one of his legs over the other.

"It's a pleasure to have you here, Harry Styles."

He nodded to the middle-aged woman, a genuine smile on his lips. "It's a pleasure to be here."

She returned the smile, looking down at the cards in her hands. "Alright, so you've been off tour for about three weeks now. How does it feel to be in your hometown again?" She asked, looking up at him.

Harry swallowed hard. "I'm sad to see that I had no other choice but to cancel a few concerts, but I am enjoying my time at home, yes."

I narrowed my eyes at the TV. Why was he lying? I knew for a fact that he did not enjoy his time here. Or well, he wasn't exactly showing it at least.

"That's great. How are you handling school? It's been quite some time since you were sitting at the school desk, right?" She had a cheeky look on her face now, and by the looks of it, Harry didn't really like that.

"Right. It's pretty tough, I'll admit it. I was a bit critical in the beginning, but I think I'm adjusting to it quite well if I do say so."

I rolled my eyes at his conceitedness. However, he was probably speaking the truth this time. At least about the fact that he was critical about school at first. If he was adjusting to it well, that was his thing to answer.

"Are you happy to meet your old friends that you had before you were famous?" The girl asked, and I could clearly see how he swallowed hard at the question and also how he visibly fidgetted in his seat. Actually, I was doing the same thing.