Chapter 29 ~ The Rumor

[Louis]

The next couple of days weren't actually as bad as I first thought they would be. Unlike last time Harry was away from me, we texted constantly now. He told me every night how his shows had been and explained every detail about them. For example, two nights ago, a fan had gone crazy and tried to run up on stage, but thankfully, a guard had caught her and brought her out of the arena.

To be honest, I didn't think they were that crazy. Sure, I had seen videos of fans trying to run up on stages before, but I thought they didn't even attempt it anymore now that the security had gotten a lot better. I assumed I was wrong about that.

We also said goodnight to each other every day, and the smile on my face remained the entire night. I hadn't been this happy in two years. It was like I was high on life, walking around like a sunbeam.

I could tell Hannah, Niall and Zayn noticed this as well. Hannah and I were closer than ever before, and she didn't go a day without asking me about the curly haired boy. We were like best friends, and I found myself wondering why we had even tried being more than that. We were meant to be like this.

The best part of it was that she didn't seem affected by it at all, and I wanted to think that was because she had realized we were better as friends as well. It was like we had finally realized what we were really meant to be for each other.

As for Zayn, he had started accepting the fact that I was back with Harry considering he hadn't done anything to prove to him that he wasn't going to stay with me. I was sure Zayn still kept a close eye though, considering the way he was always watching me when I was texting the curly haired boy.

At the moment, we were all sitting in the school cafeteria, chatting along with each other. Hannah was on my right and Niall on my left, Zayn's arm wrapped around his waist. I was munching on a tuna sandwich, feeling how the mix was getting all over my face.

"So, how's it going with Brandon?" Niall asked, winking cheekily at Hannah.

Her cheeks went a little pink at his words and she looked down at the table. "It's great. We went to the movies yesterday," he admitted, making me smile.

Only a couple of weeks after we broke up, she had been getting closer to this boy named Brandon. They shared a few classes together, and I was sure he'd had his eyes on her for a long time considering the way he always looked at her. Something about it just screamed that he had been longing for this moment, and I wanted to hit myself for preventing it when I never really considered Hannah as more than a friend anyway.

He was sick today though, which was the reason for his absence. Otherwise, he usually sat with us at lunch nowadays too.

Honestly, I was a bit surprised that he didn't seem to have anything against the fact that Hannah and I were still friends. We had been in a relationship after all and had only broken up a few weeks ago. However, he was aware that I was back with Harry, so maybe that was the reason.

"Aww," Niall gushed, tilting his head to the side in adoration. "You guys are so cute."

She didn't reply to him but gave him a smile in a way to say 'thank you'. Niall was about to turn to me and probably ask me how my relationship was going when a brunette girl sat down beside his boyfriend.

"Hey guys," Eleanor greeted, placing her tray on the table.

I rolled my eyes at her appearance. To be honest, I wasn't a big fan of her. She had the biggest mouth at this school, the way she always seemed to be the one to know things about Harry before anyone else did, and I was sick of hearing it. Couldn't she just care about her own life?