Terrible Truth

The spirit of Christmas and Thanksgiving descended upon the ballroom, watching as monsters fled from them in fear and anger.

One of the spirits, a tall woman in a glittering red dress began to step towards the fallen body of the Hallow king. She bent down, patting his oozing head with a serious expression.

Standing far off to one side, Tyrell held on to Leiah protectively, watching the scene with little emotion. Leiah, despite being angry for what Hallow had done to her, her father, and her kingdom, could not help but shed a few tears of remorse. She cautiously stepped towards the Christmas spirit, her eyes beginning to water once more, "Is he dead?"

The woman lifted up her kind gaze, her green eyes flickering, "Don't worry. He's only unconcious."

A large turkey waddled over to his companion, his all knowing eyes resting on Hallow's body.

"He deserves to die. He killed the true king, turned me into a bloodthirsty monster, and poisoned the princess." Tyrell spat with hatred, refusing to show sympathy for the spirit.

Leiah stared at the floor, her vision growing hazy as she recalled the moments she had shared with Hallow. Was the kindness and love he had shown her fake? Why would he do such a thing?

The Christmas spirit stood up, as if reading the princess's thoughts loud and clear. She stepped besides the turkey, exchanging a knowing nod with him, "Hallow has caused a lot of damage for a very good cause. That goes to say, we do not agree with his methods to achieve his plan."

Leiah's eyes widened as she squeezed the veil in her grip, "Please tell me everything."

"If you insist," The wise turkey spoke up, stroking the skin on his chin with his feathery wings, "When humans celebrate a Holiday, they give life to the spirit of that Holiday. Your ancestors used to celebrate Halloween, until one day Christmas began to take over. Soon, Halloween become tiresome and scary for many, and Feria decided it was best to forget it all together." The turkey paused, exhaling regretfully, "Hallow knew of this, and he began to grow desperate. With no one to celebrate his celebration, his people would soon dissapear along with him. And so he rose up to the human world, threatening the father of your father's father. 'One day, one of your bloodline would willingly invite me back into your kingdom' he had told the king, 'and I will take over all of Feria.'"

The woman in the red dress nodded, glancing around at the different Halloween directions adorning the room, "Hallow's citizens are his pride and joy. He will do anything for them. There are families in the underworld- brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers." She paused the second a broken groan of agony echoed behind her. It seemed the Halloween King was finally getting back up.

Hallow shakily rose from the floor, causing Tyrell to take a step back along with Leiah. The creatures claws reached up for his missing head, searching the area wildly as he stumbled from side to side. He ultimately whirled at the group of four, accidentally reaching out for the turkey who huffed loudly with an angry frown.

"Tasty Turkey, is that you?" Hallow's voice echoed from inside his hollow body, "I suppose Christy is here as well."

The turkey yanked his feathery body away from Hallow's claws, "The name's Oswald, Hallow. And yes, Christine is here."

Hallow crossed his arms over his chest, tapping his foot impatiently on the floor, "I can sense all my guests are gone, but there are two familiar humans here. Shall I thank you and Christy for undoing what has been done to them? I can only imagine that awfully wretched king is alive again...ah yes perhaps everyone else that died...have you found your sister yet, Leiah? I sincerely hope you never do."

Leiah took one brave step towards Hallow, grabbing on to his stiff hand despite Tyrell nearly yanking her back. She pushed the guard away, squeezing on to the spirits hand with determination.
Hallow couldnt even react, and when he was seconds away from pulling himself away, her words froze him to the spot.

"You did all this so that Halloween could come back and your people would be saved, didn't you?"

Hallow refused to respond, and wouldnt have done so if it hadnt been for a familiar, small voice crying out for her uncle.

"Hallow!" Vicky screamed once her and her mother had run into the ballroom. "Uncle, I have mom with me she can help you get your head back." Vicky pushed past the group surrounding her family and shielded Hallow from Leiah, angrily furrowing her eyebrows at her, "I killed your dad, it wasnt him. My mom accidentally killed you, and yeah maybe Hallow did turn that guy into a monster, but what do you expect? We're not from your world, we live life differently." Hallow rested a hand on Vicky's small shoulder, kneeling down to be on the same level with the girl. He didn't have to say anything, because she was already sobbing, her arms wrapped around him, "Hallow?"

"What is it?"

"Thank you for being a good King, and a good Uncle," Vicky whispered, turning once more to look at her distraught mother. Hallow held Vicky tightly against him for a while before standing up and moving her behind him.

"If you must punish someone, then let it be me. I can handle the torture, solitude, whatever is your devious little minds come up with. But I would recommend you keep my citizens alive. They have done nothing wrong, "Hallow finished with a little nod.

She didnt know what to do, as Oswald and Christy rested their gaze on her. She focused on Tyrell, who she knew was angry at everything Hallow had done. He wouldnt have listened to the spirit one bit.

"Why didn't you just tell us about your situation before?" The princess asked the King, debating on what she should do.

"Oh, lovely Leiah. Do you really think I would have gotten what I wanted with your pathetic family running around? Besides," Hallow tried to supress a wicked chuckle,"It was fun ruining lives and attempting to take over a kingdom...until it wasnt as entertaining anymore."

Leiah realized that a decision was left on her. Should she let Hallow free, or should she think of some sort of punishment for what he had done? The woman's hands twisted the end of her veil, and she struggled to form the words out of her mouth properly. Hallow's kingdom had families, children...it wouldn't be right for her to turn away from them. As for the king himself, could she blame him for his dark personality? It was like Vicky had said, they lived life differently from Leiah and her own kingdom. 

With everyone else's eyes on the princess, Hallow sneakily laid his palm out behind him, receiving a satisfied little clash of Vicky's hand against his. The girl focused on Catarina as well, who's smile was equally as devious as her own.

Hallow always got what he wanted, and if he continued playing his cards right, then he'd get more than what he initially bargained for.