Disastrous Day

"What's wrong, Master?" A skeletal body rested his bony hands on Hallow's stiff shoulder, his eyeless sockets looking over his King's solemn face.

"It is everything, Boner. My usual wicked self is feeling not so bloodthirsty today."

Boner began to polish Hallow's pumpkin head with a clean rag, making sure to make the surface as shiny as possible, "That's unlike you, Master."

"Staying in this world is toxic. It is affecting my health, making me feel when I shouldnt feel at all."

"What do you feel?"

"Nothing and everything all at the same."

Boner rested his skull against Hallow's own head, sighing deeply, "Master, you're truly a great King. You do all this for us, and no matter what happens, we appreciate your efforts."

Hallow remained silent for a moment, tapping his fingers against his knee, "I must be successful. I cannot come back home bearing awful news. Can you imagine how terribly undelightful it will all be?"

Boner couldnt find a proper response, but he knew at that moment his King needed words of comfort. "It's the pre wedding jitters speaking, Master. Do not be nervous. My wife and children will be rooting for you."

Hallow nodded, trying to focus on the bigger issues that surrounded him. He tightened his fist, shooting up from his seat with a determined flare in his eye. "You are correct, my bony friend. I will do everything in my power to make sure this ceremony goes well." He snapped his fingers, a thorny crown appearing on his head, "Do go and check on Catarina, will you? I need to make sure her plans are coming together."

Boner bowed deeply, his shaky figure hobbling towards the exit. The minute his hand rested on the golden knob, he was suddenly flying across the room as someone pushed their way inside, nearly breaking the wooden door once again. Hallow managed to reach out and catch Boner before he shattered into a million pieces.

Standing in the doorway in a white bridal dress stained with drops of blood, Leiah rested her hands against each side of the door frame. Hallow gently set his friend down, narrowing his eyes at the crazy undead woman before him, "Stop trying to break the doors down, you imbecile."

Leiah only blushed a bright red, shyly squirming as she tiptoed closer to an unhappy Hallow, "I'm sorry, dear. I'm just so excited my heart is beating sooo fast."

Hallow urged Boner to escape and quickly find Catarina, leaving the King and princess alone in the bedroom.

Leiah was close to bouncing into Hallow's arms once again, but he quickly dodged and began to back away, "D-don't you know its bad luck to have the groom see you before the ceremony?"

"Pumpkin, I couldn't help myself! I've finished arranging the party, and I even had time to change, it's just that I havent seen you for an hour and I missed you."

Hallow cringed, grumbling angrily as the princess began to swing on his arm. He couldnt find a way to get rid of her, because no matter what she'd be around every corner, stalking him.

"Well, I hope you do not mind but I need to sleep before our-."

"Silly, you don't sleep remember?"

"...Well then, I need to have some alone time."

"Share it with me."

Hallow growled loudly, gripping on to Leiah's head as he picked her up from the ground, "Whatever you are, you are not the lovely Leiah. Get out of my sight or I'll rip your head off."