Chapter 16: Aiden's Friends

Start from the beginning

She blushed.

"You're hot-"

She hadn't meant to blurt that out. He laughed, his eyes sparkling.

"Hey Aiden, is this the gorgeous Emily you've told us so much about?"

"Don't-" He tried to stop him but got interrupted.

"You better keep her close. It looks like she's caught my attention."

He smiled, standing up straight and turning his attention to Ross.

"Looking as boring as ever, I see. Not attracted to boys anymore?"

She glared intensely at him.

"No, the only reason I can't get a damn boyfriend is cause you two idiots keep pushing them away from me."

"It's called protecting you. Believe us, we know just how many jackasses there are."

She huffed.

"Well I can decide that for myself."

He frowned at her.

"You don't need a boyfriend."

"I do if I want to have sex before I'm fifty!"

He scowled at her comment.

"If you want sex, all you have to do is ask me. I'm sure we could work something out," he shrugged casually.

"Yeah, right. I would never have sex with you. Just the thought of it disgusts me. I don't even want to imagine how many STD's you probably have."

He laughed humorlessly.

"I got checked out last week. I'm clean. But that was the best nurse's visit ever, if you know what I mean," he wriggled his eyebrows at Aiden, who just shook his head.

She glared at him.

"You're a pig."

His smile from his earlier comment died down, and he looked away from Ross.

"It was nice to meet you, Emily," he said monotonously and walked away.

Ross watched as he walked over to a cheerleader. He whispered in her ear and she nodded, holding onto his arm and grinning as he walked her to an empty classroom, closing the door behind him.

"Douche."

She grabbed her dark brown messenger bag from the floor and walked away.

"Bye," she mumbled as she left.

Emily and Aiden watched her with dumbfounded expressions. Leaving the haze of confusion, Emily turned to Aiden.

"So, you talk about me?" she asked, both mockingly and curiously.

"Only about all the idiotic troubles you put me through," he smirked and patted her head.

She swatted it away.

"You push yourself into my troubles. And I don't need any help."

He gave her a look of bored annoyance.

"Yes, you do."

She huffed, deciding to drop the subject before she gets pinned against the wall, seeing as that's what Aiden typically does when they don't agree.

"Why are you standing by my locker?"

He glanced at her locker before looking back to her.

"Oh, right. Not really sure actually. Just wanted to check up on you cause of this morning. And apologize about Penelope's behavior," he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, his muscles flexing as he lifted his arm over his head. 

She paused at his... kindness?

"Thanks... it's not your fault she's a mean person."

He smiled.

"Well, she probably ruined your 'relationship' with Axel."

He gestured quotes with his fingers around the word relationship.

"No she didn't! We are still very in love."

"You know, you can cut the act. The drama's over, he doesn't want her back. He'll probably break up with you cause he doesn't need you anymore."

She glared at him.

"Like I said before, it isn't an act."

He gave her a doubtful look. She continued, ignoring him.

"Also, he won't break up with me. We are in love."

He shook his head.

"I know that you  love him. God, you stare at him all the time. One day you even dropped your books cause you were watching him instead of where you were going."

She shot him a look of confusion.

"You saw that?"

"Yeah. You ran into Freddie Calgary. The jerk didn't even apologize. I helped pick up your books."

She frowned.

"I don't remember that. You helped me?"

He frowned as well.

"Yes, I did, but you were too busy looking at my brother to even notice me."

She looked at the ground.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Thanks for helping."

He placed his hand on her shoulder and she looked up.

"It's okay. That happened a long time ago."

She smiled at him.

"Well, I should get going..."

He leaned back on his heels, hands in his jean pockets.

"Y-yeah. Me too."

They awkwardly switched places.

"So, I'll see you later?" he asked.

"Sure. Goodbye."

She waved and he waved back, walking away. She let out a deep sigh. Well, that was awkward. Emily opened her locker, wondering why he had wanted her to notice him all that time ago.