1

CHAPTER 1
The Card

It has been 6 months since Jungkook died. It was very different. The world didn't revolve normally for Taehyung. Everything was lifeless and colorless.

The first 2 months were tragic. Taehyung never ate properly nor go to work resulting for him to get fired. Thankfully, his friends were there to help him. He got a job at Jin's cafe. They made him stand up and live. And Taehyung was very thankful for that.

He tried to live as normal as possible. But he couldn't. He tried to forget Jungkook but every night in his dreams, Jungkook will always appear. Instead of forgetting him, he accepted that he was gone. And slowly, he got better.

This made Jin and his friends very happy. Even though they may never see the old Kim Taehyung back, at least they knew he was getting better.

"Tae, would you mind cleaning the table at that corner. I'll just help Jin hyung in making orders." Jimin said and hurriedly went to where Jin was.

Taehyung walked slowly at the empty table in where he and Jungkook used to always seat back in the day. Unlike his first month in working here, he didn't cry. Instead he sighed. The memories of them making him smile.

As he reached the table, he started to clean the mess. He placed all the mugs and plates in the tray. As he was about to wipe the table, he saw a small white envelope. He picked it up and at the back a name was written in cursive using a gold ink.

Kim Taehyung

The letter was for Taehyung. Who could it be?

He opened the little envelope and inside was a small white card. Taehyung read what was written on it.

Telephone Box for the Dead
XXX-XX-XX

It was very weird but Taehyung was intrigued. He would have thought of it as a prank or joke but he threw away that suspicion when he saw his name written in the envelope. Only a few people knew his full name. And the fact that it was a telephone number for the dead sparked his curiosity more.

'Maybe I can talk to Jungkook?' He thought but soon trashed the idea since it was impossible to talk to someone who was not breathing anymore.

He kept the small paper inside his pocket and proceeded to clean the table.

Taehyung knew it was impossible but a little part of him hoped he can.

_

If this telephone box for the dead is real, who would've you called?