Chapter 17: The Cursed Book

2 months later

Yang's POV

It was now lunch time and I'm walking around the halls of the school to find Ruby. Then I saw her walking with Haile talking to each other, I ran to them and hug my sister from the back.

"W-woah!! Yang! Why did you do that?!" She said to me as she almost fell over.

"Sorry, sis! Hey there Haile, so where you guys going?" I ask them.

"To the playground, wanna come?" Haile ask.

"Sure, let's go." I let go of Ruby and the three of us walked together.

In the hall that we're walking in, some other kids were running and being scolded by the teacher and some were walking the opposite way. While Haile and Ruby were chatting with each other, I began thinking about what someone said in my dream months ago. I remember dad and mom talk about that and I heard they are going to find it.

Maybe it's better to let them find the book instead of me, after all, my wish already came true.

"Yang, let's go on the swings!" Ruby grabs my hand and drags me to the swings.

She sat down on one and I began pushing her, me and her were enjoying our time together as Haile is playing with the other kids.

"Hey Yang." Ruby called for me.

"Yes, sis?" I respond.

"Do you think dad will allow us to go to Signal?" She ask.

"Well, dad said there is a combat school near our home so maybe we'll go there." I answer.

"Really? That's so cool! I wanna go there now." She giggled.

I continue to push her l to the swing as me and her are talking. While pushing her I started to look around, I can see Haile sliding on the slide with the other and some are playing tag. Then when I look outsode of the playground, I saw someone very familiar. My eyes widen in shock then began to feel fear when I saw him, he was looking at me with a smirk.

It was Tai, the moment he smirked I stopped pushing Ruby. He proceeds to put a finger on his lips as a sign to not tell everyone about this. He then left and I got back to my senses when the swing Ruby was on hit me. I fell on the ground and Ruby notice this and immediately got down and kneeled beside me.

"Yang, are you okay?" She ask worried.

"Ow, I'm fine don't worry it only hurts a little." I said holding my side.

"I'll take you back to your classroom." She helped me stand up and we both walked back inside the school.

We told Haile first that Ruby will take me to my classroom and we're now walking through the hall. Once we reach my classroom, Ruby waves at me and left I sat on my chair and rested my head on my hands. Thinking about what happened just now made me feel anxious. Why did he show up like that, what does he want from us.

The bell rang and it's now time for our next class, the students then went back to their own classes and seats as the day went by.

.....................

Y/N was heading towards an address where the note said, after he arrives he observes the house in front of him and noticed that it was smaller than the rest of the houses in the neighborhood. Walking towards the front door, his hand was centimeters away from knocking the door but didn't knock yet. He just sigh and finally knocked the door.

He patiently waited for the door open and he soon hear some footsteps behind and the door open to reveal an old man within mid 50s.

"What do you want, mister?" The old man ask him.

"My name's Y/N, were you the one who sent this note and address?" He shows them the papers.

"Oh! Took you long to visit me, come inside." He then opens the door wide for him to enter inside.

He let himself enter and the old man close the door. He led Y/N to the next room and sat down on a chair, he gestures for him to sit down as well and so he did.

"Since we both know why I called you here, might as well explain everything to you about the book."

"Can I ask, how do you know about the book? Are you a past wielder too?" Y/N questioned.

"Indeed I am in fact, I was the wielder before you. My name's Charlie Lopez, I wielded that book 13 years ago. It was also nice seeing you Y/N, you have grown up unlike last time." He said.

"Wait, you're Charlie Lopez? And how do you know me?" Y/N ask confused about the situation.

"Don't you remember, I was your dad's friend. I used to visit you both when you were young."

He started to try and remember anything about him until he does, he was surprised about this.

"Now I remember, no wonder why you were familiar to me." He said smiling a bit.

"Good, now that you remember me. I should tell you about the book. You see, there is a book that tells you the story about it. Whoever is the current wielder, the book will appear near it and it's up to you to find it. But I'll just tell you anyways." He paused.

Y/N looks at him patiently then he started to talk again.

"The forbidden spell was it? When used, the demon shall be free from the book and cause chaos. And if it were to cage it back in the book, a curse will be casted upon the wielder. Do you know what makes the curse activate and what will happen, Y/N?" He looks at him.

"All I knew is that if the book is near me and if there is someone I hold dear to is near me and the book, something horrible will occur." He answered.

"That is correct, the curse will not activate immediately though. The cause will either the cursed one will die or the person who's dear to them will die. The curse will make its choice on who shall die." He said in a lower voice.

"How do you know about that?" He asked him.

"I knew someone that is also the wielder who died from that curse." He said.

"Is there perhaps a way to remove it?" He asked Charlie with hope kept in him.

"I'm afraid there isn't, I'm sorry but that is a permanent curse."

His eyes widen then frowned, slamming the arm of the couch lightly with his fist.

"I guess that's all I wanted to hear. I'll be going now, thanks for the information." He stands up and made his way to the door.

Y/N opens the door and step out and close the door then left, frustrated. Charlie stands up from his couch and holds a picture frame that contains a photo of a woman in her 30s. He sighs and looks at the window.

"Some things just have to end this way." He said to no one.

Y/N soon came back in his home and went up to his room, closing the door. He sits down on the bed and rested his face on his palms.

"(I guess I have to get back the book myself after all.)"

He removes his palms then took off his coat and shoes before lying down on the bed. Looking at his watch, he saw that its four-thirty in the afternoon. He slowly close his eyes and didn't realize he drifted to sleep.