Chapter 16: Teaming Up

Y/N's POV

"Daddy? Can I ask you something?" Ruby appeared beside me.

"Sure, what is it?" I told her.

"I was wondering if you could bring me to the cliff where my mom is. I just want to talk to her." She said shyly.

I smiled at her and pat her head. Standing up from my seat, I grab her hand and started to walk towards the door. Yang noticed us so she called us.

"Where are you guys going?" She ask while Zwei is on her lap.

"Ruby just wants to visit someone. We'll be back soon in a couple of hours." I said and we exited the house.

We walk on the streets as cars pass by. It is another normal day, we arrive in front of a bullhead and got inside. I told the pilot where are we going and he responded with a nod and we started taking off.

The ride wasn't that exciting but I keep Ruby company so she won't get bored. She keeps pointing outside and asking me what did she saw and I just keep explaining to her. Just by seeing her like this made me happy, relieved. I got a message from Ozpin that they'll be at my home by sunset to hear what I have to explain to him and the others. After another hour, the bullhead landed in Patch and the ramp went down. We got off and we started walking. We enter inside a town first and bought Ruby a drink then proceed to enter inside a forest.

As we walk, o could feel Ruby's grasp tighten. I look at her and smiled, she looks back at me and this made her worried face disappear.

"Don't worry, they won't come to attack us. You'll be safe with me." I said to her.

We continue to walk through the woods until we finally reached the cliff. Where her mother's grave is, I let go of her hand and she proceed to run towards the grav stopping in front of it. I walk to her and stand beside her as I listen to watch she says. Every word she said made me smile. I'm glad that I gave her and Yang the happiness she needed, this is all they wanted. Where could've Tai been all this time? I guess we'll never know. While Ruby continues to talk to Summer, I began thinking about the events that had happened to me and my friends in the past. It sure has been great having them. My train of thoughts kept going until I suddenly noticed that Ruby is done talking and is looking at me with a worried face.

"Are you okay?" She asked me concerned.

"I'm fine Ruby, just spaced out that's all." I said.

"Me and mom are done talking now, let's go home daddy." She said reaching her hand to me.

I hand her hand and smiled at her.

"Yeah, let's go home." The both of us walked back in the forest and to the bullhead and got back home.

....................

No missions had occurred for me this week, I guess I'm a bit lucky. Looking at the time, it's only been five o'clock. Yang and Ruby are playing with Zwei while Raven is out of town.

"This is what I wanted." I told myself.

I went to the kitchen and took a seat on the dining chair. For a moment, my head started to ache. I laid my head on my hands and started to massage my temples, but the pain is still there. After a moment it soon disappear and I was all right again. Sighing, I stand up and go grab a glass of water then drank it. I heard the door open and close assuming that Raven is back.

She walks in the kitchen and saw me, she smiled and walked up to me giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Where did you went?" I ask her.