Chapter 42 : Guilt

December 30, 2016

Tzuyu herself had shown little signs of improvement. She's shown up to dance practices and album recordings when she has to. She's begun to talk to the other members little by little. Though she's yet to genuinely start smiling again, improvement is better than nothing.

But today was meant to be a day that would challenge all the improvement she's made towards trying to get back on track. Today was his day. The day he was brought into this world. As of late, especially after seeing him at the cafe, she didn't have the courage to go see him herself. So the next best thing just happened to be and try to get him out of her head.

Of course, that was impossible.

As soon as 12 AM hit that day, all she could hear on social media was Happy V Day as many celebrated his birthday. Ultimately, she sighed.

"What the hell was I thinking? There's no way I could have avoided all of this..."

The worst part about today was that there was an awards show today.

The Seoul Music Awards.

There was no doubt in her mind that he would be there.

It was now at the point that the girls of TWICE were being driven to the venue that he awards show would be held at. All the girls dressed in fancy and formal attire sat in their giant van as they waited the long ride to the event.

Tzuyu sat next to Chaeyoung, however the two hardly spoke. Tzuyu herself didn't even want to be here. But what choice did she have?

She also no longer carried his I.D. with her. While it still held great sentimental value to her, it brought her uneasiness to think about it.

It wasn't long until the girls had finally arrived at the venue. They were greeted by a loud chorus of cheers as they exited their van. They politely bowed and waved at their fans as they hurried into the building. Once inside, they quickly made their way to the elevator to get to their dressing room.

While waiting outside for the elevator, clearly in use upon multiple floors based on how long it was taking to get to them, Tzuyu jumped when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her as someone's head nuzzled itself onto her neck. However, she wasn't greeted with a feeling of sensation and warmth upon the hug.

"I'm sorry,"

"Not you again..."

It was Jinyoung at her back as the other members watched on in disgust.

"Can't you just leave her alone already? Haven't you done enough?" Jihyo said out in a serious tone.

That didn't cause him to let go as he maintained his grip around her.

"Just let me stay here one last time. And that'll be it," he said.

She struggled to get him off of her.

"I think I've gotten more than enough hugs from you of all people," she said.

DING

The elevator door finally opened as everyone's expression dropped as the doors revealed themselves. They expected the small room to be empty.

Except it wasn't.

A person dressed it a white shirt and blue ripped jeans was inside, wearing an orange beanie while staring down at his phone. Slowly, his eyes darted off of his phone to look up at the scene in front of him. The TWICE members looking at him in shock. Tzuyu wrapped into Jinyoung's arms with his eyes closed as he further nuzzled his nose into her neck.