Chapter 24 : Waking Up

Nayeon and Mina sat in silence as they stared at Taehyung's journal. They didn't want to invade his privacy too much by reading its contents, but they couldn't help but to scan through some of the pictures. They felt heartwarming yet sad to look at the pictures.

Heartwarming because of how happy they used to be.

Heartbreaking because they used to be so happy together.

Instinctively, they grabbed the journal and tried to hide it as they made their way back to their dressing room, not even finishing the food they got.

As they made their way back, Jeongyeon could be seen coming down the hallway from the opposite side.

"I hope you girls saved me some food," she said.

Nayeon and Mina stopped her, preventing her from passing down the hallway. They pulled out the journal and showed it to her.

"It's Taehyung's," they said.

Jeongyeon's eyes widened.

"How did you-"

"He probably left it there. Can you give it back to him?" asked Nayeon.

Jeongyeon looked over her shoulder to make sure nobody was watching them.

"Quick. Tzuyu is with the hair stylist right now. Let's get back to the room. My phone is charging but I can text Jin to meet up to make things easier," she said.

The other two nodded as the 3 made their way back to their dressing room.

Inside, Jihyo, Sana and Chaeyoung we're watching the tv as other artists performed on stage. Dahyun and Momo were on the couch, on their phones.

"Girls, is Tzuyu still with the hair stylist?" asked Jeongyeon.

"Yeah, why?" Sana replied without even looking.

Jeongyeon quickly hurried over to her phone and began to text Jin.

Meanwhile

Steps ran fast into the catering room as Taehyung came back. He approached the table he sat at and saw plates of food on top. However, nobody was seated at it.

More importantly.

His journal was nowhere to be found.

"Aissshhhh, where did it go...?" he gushed under his breath with a tone of frustration.

He ran out of the room as he continued to look for it.

"Taehyung!"

Jungkook and Jimin soon entered the room as well, holding on to their knees and catching their breaths.

"I've never seen him run so fast..." huffed Jimin.

"Right? I always thought I was the fastest out of us..." Jungkook said.

The two then began to run towards the direction Taehyung went in.

TWICE's Dressing Room

A staff member came into their room as Jeongyeon awaited Jin's response.

"Girls, your interview is starting soon. Tzuyu will be here shortly, but you guys should go ahead. I'll accompany her," the staff person said.

The girls nodded as Nayeon and Mina turned to Jeongyeon.

"They just did an interview. Jin will take it when he sees us," said Jeongyeon.

The two nodded as the 8 made their way out.

As the staff member closed the door, she inspected the room to see if there was anything that blatantly needed cleaning.