Chapter 25 : Watching

The girls of TWICE looked at Tzuyu as she held up her old portrait.

"Tzuyu, it's just a picture of you. Maybe it's just an old photo that you had but dropped," said Nayeon.

"No."

Her voice was cold as she looked at her members. She had never looked like this before. The only time she was ever this cold was...

Back in high school...

"I know where this photo came from, and WHO took it. Now tell me again... where did you get this?" she said to her members.

There was a slight tremble in her voice. She looked pained.

Suddenly, the Polaroid was taken from her hand. She turned around and saw Jinyoung, who looked at the photo.

"What's the big deal? It's just a photo of yourself," he said.

She wanted to slap him.

Slap him for the disrespect.

Slap him for his ignorance.

"It's mine"

They all turned as Taehyung came into the room. His face looked dreadful and emotionless. However, his eyes met Tzuyu's. Upon looking at each other, their expressions softened. She calmed down and he gave her a slightly reassuring smile before turning back to Jinyoung.

"It's a Polaroid that belonged to me."

He placed his hand out in front of Jinyoung.

"I'd like it back please," he said, his expression not changing.

Jinyoung stared him down before taking a glance at Tzuyu. She still looked mad, but also worried about what may happen.

Meanwhile, the other members of TWICE simply looked at each other. Knowing the things that Tzuyu doesn't. They knew why Taehyung was there.

They also knew that long ago, Taehyung was the one who took the photo.

A sly smirk suddenly appeared on Jinyoung's face.

"This is yours huh?"

He went over to Taehyung and tried to make himself appear larger than him.

"You know... I don't appreciate you having pictures of MY girlfriend" he emphasized while nudging his finger on Taehyung's chest.

Taehyung stood his ground and didn't respond.

"If that's the case... then I take great pleasure in doing this," Jinyoung said.

He suddenly brought the Polaroid to the air and...

He ripped it in half.

He ripped it once more and crumpled the pieces into his hands. He threw it onto the ground and stomped on the crumpled picture with his foot.

Tzuyu looked on in sheer fear. She covered her mouth with her hands as she prevented her gasp from escaping her mouth.

He ripped the photo Jae Won took of her.

She felt as if he ripped a piece of her heart away.

She felt like he had ripped the memory away from her.

She was scared that after ripping the photo, she might be doomed to never remember that experience she cherished.