Chapter 16 : Admiration

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 2015 edition of the Mnet Asian Music Awards!"

It had been 2 weeks since Taehyung saw Tzuyu at the playground in Daegu. He never asked her about it. He figured she would tell him eventually when she was ready.

Taehyung was now clapping as the announcer kicked off the 2015 MAMA Awards. He was standing amongst his members. All wore black leather jackets and white buttoned up shirts under, followed by black jeans. It was basically their performance outfit for that night. Taehyung was seated at the left end of his row. Luckily for him, the row directly to his left was TWICE. Coincidentally enough, the member seated closest to him was Tzuyu. While every idol group was clapping, the two took a very brief moment to make eye contact at each other and smile.

As everyone sat down, TWICE almost immediately was called backstage to prepare for their performance. Since they were still a rookie group and only had one title track out currently, they would be performing early on in the show. Meanwhile the boys watched as other groups performed.

The girls were backstage getting ready to perform Like Ooh-Ahh. They were dressed in the exact same outfits from their MV. They watched from the backstage waiting area as they awaited to be called up for their performance. Suddenly, the camera panned onto the artists seated at the event. Tzuyu couldn't help but smile as the camera revealed a certain brown haired member of BTS. She couldn't deny, he looked handsome, giving off that bad boy vibe.

"TWICE, get ready, you girls are up," one of the stage directors said.

The girls nervously walked over directly behind the stage as the lights dimmed. The announcer was currently announcing the next performance.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, JYP's newest girl group, TWICE!"

The crowd cheered loudly for the girls. They were so nervous as this was the largest crowd they have ever performed in front of. An extended version of the intro to their song played as the girls made their way out. As the girls got in position, Tzuyu glanced over to the seating area. From there, she sees Taehyung staring at her, giving her one of the warmest smiles she's ever seen from him. He throws a quick thumbs up as a sign of good luck. Instantly, this gives her all the confidence she needs to perform.

The girls perform Like Ooh-Ahh perfectly with the crowd as well as a majority of the idols hyped for their entire performance. Everyone watched in awe during their dance break as Momo took center stage.

"Hoseok ahh, close your mouth. Fans will make rumors," snickered Yoongi, causing other members to laugh as well.

The girls finished a bowed after their performance as the crowd screamed their name. They had returned backstage to their dressing rooms to change back into their original outfits. They panted as they were tired after their performance. 

"Nice work girls! This is a great start I the future award shows we'll be attending. I'm proud of us all!" exclaimed their leader Jihyo.

"Yeah, especially Tzuyu. Our dearest maknae was so nervous before the performance, but she did well!" said Nayeon.

"Hey, the only reason she got confident was because I caught Taehyung giving her a thumbs up," said Dahyun sarcastically.

This earned her a smack on the shoulder from Tzuyu as the girls laughed at their savage maknae.

They all got dressed and exited their dressing rooms, only to be greeted by BTS who were now preparing for their performance. As they noticed the girls, they all clapped for them.

"Daebak, girls. Excellent performance tonight," said Jin.

"Yeah, you gave the crowd lots of energy!" J-Hope agreed.