Chapter 1

I moved a hand through my sandy, blonde hair as I watched the ocean. Something about it had always called to me. But, I've never gone very deep or very far since my mother had told me not to. I didn't know why, but I wasn't going to question her. I shook my head and sighed before I started to finish waxing my surfboard.

My body started to relax as I listened to the sounds of the ocean and such. Seagulls flew by, some even landing on the ground near me, watching to see if I had any fish or anything like that.

"Ty?" my mother called out, sounding a little frantic, cutting me from my thoughts about the ocean and going surfing. It was a great day to go swimming with the waves just right and such.

"Ya?" I asked, growing tense. Mom never sounds that frantic before, so that means that something's up. I grabbed a knife and started to walk towards the small shack we called our home.

I stayed tense as I walked into the kitchen. My anger grew a little as I saw a dark robed man, with black hair and black eyes, holding onto my mother with a red looking blade to her throat. "Drop her," I warned, narrowing my eyes as I watched the man, hating him for hurting my mother.

The male laughed harshly. "Oh, lookie here," he said, mockingly. He sneered, and there was this wave of dark power that filled the room. "You have a hilarious son, Celestine. He thinks that he can defeat me by himself?" He laughed again, making my anger soar.

"Shut up, Hans," Mom said, sounding weak. She looked at me, her sea blue eyes, showing pain and grief in them. "Run."

"But-"

"No. Run!"

I frowned, not liking the idea. However, I turned around and booked it out of the house. There was a snapping sound, and something hit my back, making me feel pain. I cried out in pain, stumbling a bit before regaining my footing.

"I will get you next time!" the male yelled.

I ignored him as I stumbled into the ocean, groaning a little in pain as the salt touched my wound on my back. Blackness swirled around me as I started to lose consciousness. The only thing that I remember seeing was my best friend coming beside me and pulling me deeper into the ocean.

There was this tingling sensation going through my body, but I didn't question it as I let the wave of darkness sweep me into unconsciousness.