Chapter 26 ❤️

Authors note!!
So just wanted to say that if you guys would like me to do a periscope (live chat where anyone can ask me questions) go ahead and comment down below!
Let's get this chapter to 7 votes for the next chapter?

~~~~~

I sat next to Miles on my bed, ready to start asking him the questions I had.

A few questions were simple and probably wouldn't be that hard to answer, but some of them I was even afraid to ask.

"Okay, you can ask me anything." Miles mutters, sounding as if he didn't like this at all.

I decided to ask him the first questions that popped in my mind.

"Why do you and Dylan hate each other?" I ask slowly.

He slightly chuckled, shaking his head. "Well umm- me and Dylan, believe it or not, use to be good friends. We grew up together. We became alphas and as teenagers at the time, we were idiots that were excited to be alphas.

Little did we know at the time that being alphas wasn't all fun in games. Being an alpha meant we'd have to toughen up and- well become a real alpha. A few years past and we did finally become alphas. We didn't really talk much around that time. It isn't easy having your own personal life aside of being an alpha. Your always busy so we never really got to see each other." He sighs, shaking his head once again.

"Well within the time we didn't see each other, and didn't talk- Dylan found his mate, who happened to be a rouge." He whispers.

"I didn't know that he had found his mate. I hadn't talked to him in forever. But umm- my pack, whenever we find rouges on our territory, we don't hesitate to kill them. And well, Dylan's mate had crossed my territory, and she hadn't completed the transition into joining his pack. Around that time I was going through a lot. I was a new alpha, struggling to be a good alpha. I wanted to be like my father, who was cruel and knew what was right for his pack by being that way. I wanted that and little did I know that well that wasn't exactly ideal."

"So that's when I decided to make the rule to immediately kill the rouges that crossed our territory. And the day she crossed my territory I was out, hunting through the woods with a couple of my pack members. When we saw her, I was the one to kill her. I didn't know she was his mate, and I didn't-" he sighs.

"If I knew I wouldn't have done it. But Dylan did find out, one of his pack members had saw the whole thing from afar and told him. Dylan later on promised that whenever I got my mate, he'd take her away from me." He laughs.

"Me being the idiot I am, didn't think much about it until now." He sighs, crossing his arms over his chest.

I was a little shocked. I know that Miles can be really mean some times and stuff but I never thought that he would kill anyone. I guess that's what alphas do.

I just- I feel so bad for Dylan. "I'm sorry Jane, for putting you in this position. I didn't understand why Dylan held that grudge for so long, but now I kind of do. If anything ever happened to you Jane- I don't think I can forgive myself." Miles whispers.

He shakes his head. "Anyways, do you have any more questions?" He asks.

I thought about it. I did have a few questions for him, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to ask him them.

Things between me and Miles were confusing as hell, and I can't even began to really understand them.

"No I don't think I have any more." I say.

"Are you sure?" He asks. I bite my lip and nod.

"Okay.. Well umm-" he sighs. "I have few questions for you of my own, if you don't mind me asking?" He asks, looking a little hopeful.

"Ask me anything." I whisper.

"I-well, umm-" he slightly chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck. "I wanted to know- I wanted to know what happened between you and Dylan?" He looks at me, his eyes narrowed.

"What do you mean?" I ask. "I mean, did you guys- were you guys-" he coughs slightly, looking extremely uncomfortable. "Were guys....intimate?" He asks.

I almost chocked. I felt embarrassed as hell. And I honestly didn't want to answer this questions.

"What do you mean by intimate?" I ask slowly.

"Like together, like together together," I bite my lip.

"We didn't do anything if that's what you're asking.." I whisper, feeling as if I needed to confirm that for him.

"But we were together.."

He looks away, his jaw tightening.

"He was playing with you, you know that right?" He asks, looking back at me.

I wanted to say I knew it, but I still couldn't believe it. Everything with me and Dylan seemed so real and, I wouldn't have ever guessed that it wasn't. It made my heart clench just thinking about it.

"Yeah.. I know." I whisper, looking down at my hands in complete disappointment.

"I'm sorry Jane. Believe it or not, I'm sorry that it wasn't real. I've been the worst mate to you, and I know that. And I know that you went to Dylan hoping for-" he closes his eyes, looking like he didn't want to even talk about it.

"Hoping for something or more like someone to treat you like I didn't treat you." He says finally.

"Anyways- I should go, it's late." He stands up.

"Goodnight." I whisper.

"Goodnight Jane."