Chapter 12❤️

I sat in Miles office in complete and utter silence, might I add awkward silence. I waited for him to say something, but it seemed like it wasn't going to happen.

"Alpha Miles?" Shane walks in, looking concerned and worried. "Yes Shane?" Miles looks up, arching his eyebrows.

"Umm, the head of the Grim Council wants to meet with you." Shane says clearly.

I watched Miles, watching him as he mad a noise well gulping down the sudden lump in his throat. I had never seen Miles look worried. But he was. It was written in bold letters across him face.

"Okay." Miles whispers.

"Umm, come with me Jane. I don't want you alone." Miles say, standing up. I stand up along with him.

"He's in the basement where we out the bodies of the pack members that died." Shane says. Miles nods.

I follow him out the door and into a hallways that I had never been in. The air seemed heavier here, and I felt a little weird about it. I followed Miles into the basement and down some steps.

The basement wasn't your normal basement. It looked more like a morgue, well now with Miles dead pack members wrapped in black sheets. I couldn't help but shudder at it.

Miles stopped at the end of the steps. He looked at me and did something I need thought he would do in a million years. He grabbed my waist and brought me closer to him, leaving his hand on my side, sending sparks up my body.

I followed side by side with Miles more into the basement. I was thankful that there's was a lot of light down here.

I stared at the back of a tall guy, who wore what looked like all black. Black tight jeans with combat boots that looked highly irregular, and what seemed like a long black coat.

He turns around and smiles, showing his bright whites. He had blue sparkly eyes and blonde hair that was pushed back.

"Nice to meet you alpha- Miles is it?" He asks, starring straight at Miles as if I didn't exist next to him.

"Yes." Miles nods.

"I'm Christian. The head of the Grim Council. I've came to collect the dead souls." Christian said, making me totally confused.

Collect souls? What the hell?

"Yes of course. Is there a problem?" Miles asks, narrowing his eyes. "Well yes there is a pro-" Christian eyes suddenly darted to me and he paused.

"Jane?" He suddenly says my name, as if he knew me.

I look at him weirdly. "Is that you?" He asks. I dart my eyes to Miles, wondering what the hell was going on. But he also looked confused.

"Oh of course, I forgot you're mute." Christian shakes his head.

"You may not know me. I haven't visited Kelly in like 3 years." He shakes his head.

How did he know my aunt?

"Who are you?" Miles asks for me. "I'm Kelly's son." My eye go wide, not really able to believe what he was saying. "I'm guessing she didn't tell you that I'm kind of but not really alive?" He chuckles.

"It's nice to see you. We were best friends when we were kids." Christian suddenly pulls me into a hug, making my eyes go wider.

The sudden loud, angry growl behind us made us pull away from the hug.

"Calm down wolf boy, I'm not going to steal your lovely mate." Christian says. Miles glared at him and took me back into him warm arms.

~

I sat on the couch, waiting for Christian and Miles to be done talking. I was still confused. First, I didn't know that grim reapers were real! Second, I didn't know my aunts, son was still alive! I knew he died at 14 but I didn't know that he turned into the head of the Grim reapers council or whatever!!

God it's very confusing.

I definitely needed to text my aunt and get mad at her for this!

No wonder why she barely talked about him!