Chapter 38 A Birthday Surprise

Start from the beginning

She enters the auditorium as she flicks the light switch to turn the lights on. As soon as she did, we all jump and say "SURPRISE!" which shocked the life out of her. Her eyes were wide open and you could possibly see the tears starting to run down her cheeks as we sang the birthday song.

She really thought that everything was real. All the scolding and the downfall of the SM artists. She believed it despite her wanting to deny the fact that she did something which caused their downfall but who would dare to do that anyways? Exactly, no one would do that even if they wanted to.

Inspite of the impressions that groups like EXO and Super Junior gave off which is the fun vibe, SM can be very scary at times like these and you don't want to mess with them. As Lucas stood in front of her with the cake, he told her to make a wish which breaks her shocked self. She shakily blew the candles after she did and everyone cheered. "We're sorry Lia. We didn't mean it. Blame it on them then. They were the ones who told us to act like that" Siwon said as YoonA hugs her to stop her from crying even more.

After she calmed down a bit, she turned to face the rest of us which we just smiled at her. "Alright! Whose idea was all of this?" Yerin asked. "Ideas? Me. What they all said and how they scolded you? Hyoyoo. Hayeon just spiced things up on how they should act the anger out" Eunhwa said. Yerin glared at Hyoyoo before chasing her throughout the whole auditorium. "Stop that!" Principal Kim said. We totally forgot that he was still here.

"Thanks for the surprise, all of you" Yerin said. "So there's no special thank you for me?" Lucas frowned. "No. I'm still mad at you for leading me into the trap" Yerin said. "Blame it on Eunhwa. She was the one who told me to do it and I thought that it would be great to surprise you on your first birthday since we met" Lucas said. Yerin couldn't hide her smile as she hugs him and the whole auditorium went soft at them.

"They're so sweet oh my God get me my soulmate please" Habyul said. "You probably even don't have one" Haru joked as Habyul glared at her twin brother. "By the way, did you actually get a romance book?" Yerin asked. "Why would I? I have my phone and 296 fanfics to pick from in my library" Hyoyoo said. "Wasn't it still in 280s like a few months ago?" Hayeon asked. "Yeah I read more and thus resulting the nearly uncountable amount of fanfics I have in there." Hyoyoo said.

"Are you sure about that?" Eunhwa asked. "Seriously, I read about 14 fanfics in the span of like 2 months. And if I had nothing to do I would've be able to read 4 fanfics in a day. Just saying but that's true. I could've done that if we have nothing to do" Hyoyoo said. "This is why people, you should not be like her ir you'll end up crazy and with over the top imaginations" Yerin said.

"You have said that ever since I started reading more than 100 fanfics. It's as if I've not reached 300 fanfics yet" Hyoyoo said. "You've read 300?!" Lee Know exclaimed. "Yeah, if you total the amount I've read in every app possible then it would've reached about 400 fanfics." Hyoyoo said and everyone's jaws dropped. "No wonder she can predict anything we say" Eunhwa said as Hayeon nods.

"Anyways... who wants cake?" Principal Kim called out and everyone cheered meaning that basically everyone wants cake. That's normal though, like, who hates cake?

Principal Kim started cutting the cake into slices with Taeyong's help and told some of us to share because it may not be enough. We agreed because at least we get cake. Who woud deny that? Then, they started giving the cake out and well we passed it from one person to another making sure that everyone has a slice or at least is sharing with someone else. Basically we were just making sure that everyone gets cake that's all.

Then, after we finished, they had like some sort of fanmeeting since the SM family is here. It was funny actually that Younghee nearly tripped when she was approaching TVXQ. Literally though, the whole thing was just making us crack up and it was definitely memorable. Hayeon took a video of it just to blackmail Younghee later on. Younghee found out and she chased Hayeon around the stage because Hayeon wouldn't delete the video.

Younghee said that it was embarrassing. Well, can't blame her though. It's true that it would be embarrassing if someone has a footage of you basically tripping in front of your idol. Hayeon basically just took that video so that she can blackmail Younghee which she wouldn't do anyways because well, she doesn't want to get in trouble. That's a definite statement right there.

When they stop chasing each other, they caught their breaths before we ended the celebration and everyone wished Yerin a happy birthday one last time before leaving. We were left here going to clean up. The janitors came and helped us out. We had fun while cleaning up because it wasn't much of a mess.

Honestly, the rest of the day was fun as well. Yerin cooked up something for dinner because it's her birthday today. Lucas stayed the whole day and even slept over at night. It was a mess in the dorms but it was fun so we didn't care.

NCT and Stray Kids also visited the dorm and played with us so literally, it can be a zoo if we wanted so. It was literally a mess and Taeyong as well as Chan was concerned for their members' well-being. They joined in the mess anyways, not caring of anything at all after that. What can we say? They're all crackheads without them acknowledging it and knowing it themselves. Maybe they know but they just deny it who knows?

After the whole ordeal was done, they all went back, except for Lucas and the rest of our soulmates of course. They have been planning on this sleepover ever since and yeah. It was after Yerin finished doing her night routine that Lucas suddenly busted through the doors startling the poor soul out of her. "What are you supposedly doing?" Yerin asked. Yes, Lucas can be like this often but it wasn't everyday that he did this. "Nothing, I just wanna cuddle and sleep" Lucas said.

Yerin flops down on the bed with Lucas as Lucas squished her in his embrace. It may look suffocating and all but none of them really cared. They felt comfortable in each other's embrace with their entangled legs and their hands just at the spots as if they were on a romantic movie, an extremely sappy and cringey one that is. "Did you enjoy the surprise we made for you?" Lucas asked out of the blue. Yerin looks at him and said "I was confused when the sunbaes told me that I've caused the downfall to their careers and I nearly cried but well, I did actually cry when y'all surprised me. It was perfect. Thank you" Lucas smiles and kissed her as she kissed back.

Before it became heated, they pulled away and stared at each other before Yerin could feel her eyelids closing due to her sleepiness. Lucas chuckles at the cute sight and said "Sleep, goodnight my love" before they both drifted off to sleep after the amazing day.