Chapter 11

Lynn's POV

"So they actually fought, in the hallway" Ray said. I nodded. We were back at my house, sitting in my room.

"That's crazy" She said. "And it was in front of you?" She said. I nodded.

"Roman got the anger that I've never seen him show before" I said. "What did he do?" She asked.

"Dolph, Galina's boyfriend was saying things like 'your girl's hot as fuck' and Roman got super mad and pinned him against the lockers" I said.

Ray raised her eyebrows. "And then he was the first to throw a punch" I said. "Roman walked away from the fight without a single scratch, but Dolph had a bloody nose and a busted lip" I said.

"Oh my god" Ray said. "He's so physical" She said. "Were you scared?" She asked. "Terrified" I said.

"And after I tried to just walk away from Roman, but he wouldn't. He touched me, and I flinched. I didn't mean to, I just, it was a bad time" I said.

"So now he thinks I'm scared of him" I said. "Are you?" She asked. I shrugged. "A little" I said. "Roman doesn't hit girls, you know that" She said.

"He may treat them badly, but he never hits them" She said. "You shouldn't be scared of him. He was just sticking up for you" She said.

"I know but, it was still scary you know? It sorted of reminded me when...that happened" I said. "I know" She said. "But Roman has never done this for other girls" She said.

"He has to like you Ly. He wouldn't have gotten mad if he didn't" She said. She does have a point. "Roman told me himself that he likes Galina" I said. "He was just sticking up for me because I'm his best friend" I said.

She shook her head. "But it goes past being friends, he got mad at that Dolph kid because he was talking about getting in bed with you" She said.

"And Roman didn't like the idea of that, so he got mad and hit him" She said. "Thinking of you with someone else made him jealous" She said.

"Ray, Roman doesn't­" "I don't believe that" She said. "He's got to like you" She said. "It won't make sense if he doesn't" She said. I didn't answer her, I mean, I guess that makes sense.

"We should get going" She said. "It's almost 5" I nodded and we walked downstairs. Madison grabbed her keys and we walked out the door.

I got into the passenger seat of her car and she started it. The radio turned on almost blasting my ear drums and I screamed and covered my ears.

"Ray! Turn it down!" I shouted. She turned down the radio and laughed. "You just gave me a heart attack" I said and put my hand over my chest.

She laughed and backed out of the driveway. "Why was it even up that loud?" I asked. "I like to listen to music loud so people can judge me" She said. I laughed and shook my head.

"You're freaking crazy" I said. "I know" She said and smiled. We took our seats with Miranda and Zoella and I saw Roman passing the ball with Dean. Roman was scanning the bleachers and looked like he was getting upset.

"I heard about that fight today" Miranda said. "I can't believe he stood up for you like that" She said. "That's got to feel good" Zoella said.

I shrugged and looked back at Roman. He was still looking around and he shook his hands at his sides. That's what he does when he's super nervous.

The coach blew the whistle and they ran to the side lines. I never really understood football, but Ray did and she loved it.

Maybe she can explain the game to me. The wind picked up and I shivered. Dammit I forgot a sweatshirt. Great, I'm going to be sitting on these really cold bleachers for two hours freezing my ass off. Awesome. "SET, HUT!" Dean shouted.