Chapter 9

Lynn's POV

Today was Monday. Meaning Roman and I were supposed to stage a break up today. And I wasn't ready for the laughs, and the constant stares and whispers.

And I bet Galina will even make some snotty comment about how she's back with Roman. I saw Ray standing by my locker picking at her nails.

She looked up as I got closer to her. "Hey," She said and pushed herself off the locker next to mine.

"Hi," I said and opened my locker. I put my bag in my locker and took out my folders. I grabbed a pencil and shut my locker.

I slipped my phone into my back pocket and Ray and I walked down the hallway in silence. "Can I ask you something?" She asked. I looked at her.

"On Friday, it seemed like you were acting different" She said. "Apparently I got drunk" I said. She giggled. "I know I was talking to you when the alcohol finally hit you" She said.

"But different with Roman" She said. "You two are normally close, but, you seemed, closer that night. Almost like the feelings towards each other were actually real" She whispered the last part.

"Do you like him?" She asked. I bit my lip. I think I do. But should I tell her? "Oh god, you do don't you" She said. "I don't know" I said.

"You don't know?" She asked. "I don't know if I like him. I know that all of this is just an act but when we're alone he treats me like we're more than friends" I said.

"Like the other day, we almost kissed. And we were by ourselves, no one was around" I said. "Really?" She asked.

"I've been thinking about it all weekend" I said. "Are you gonna tell him?" She asked. "No" I said and shook my head. "I can't" I said.

"If I tell him, and he doesn't like me back then it'll ruin our friendship" I said. "But he took you home when you were drunk, he cares about you" She said.

"It's what a best friend would do Ray" I said. "He thinks of me as his little sister, or best, best friend" I said. "And if I told him, all of that would disappear" I said.

"He'd be crazy if he didn't like you, Ly" She said. I smiled. "Thanks Mad" I said. She nodded and then I saw him, talking to Dean. It looked like he was stressed out about something. Roman and I made eye contact.

"Oh dear," I said and quickly turned around. "Ly, where are you going? Class is this way!" She shouted as I was already half way down the hall. I plan on avoiding Roman all day.

I don't want to talk to him, and I really don't want things to end between us. "Ly" I heard someone say. Oh my god, it was Roman.

I picked up my pace and someone grabbed my elbow and turned me around. Dammit, why does he have to be so fast? "Are you avoiding me?" He smirked.

"No" I lied. He raised his eyebrows at me. "You're avoiding eye contact, you're lying to me" He said. I looked back up at him, and met eye contact with his gray eyes.

I looked away. "Ly why are you avoiding me?" He asked. "Are you mad? Did I do something wrong? Did I say something?" He actually looked concerned.

"No Rom" I said. "I didn't even realize I was avoiding you, sorry if you thought that" I said. Maybe I am I good liar. "Its okay" He said. He pulled me in the direction towards class. "So how do you want to do this" He asked. I was afraid he was going to say that.

"I don't care, honestly" I said. He stopped me. "Yeah you do" He said. "You want to break up with me, right" He whispered.

"No you do it" I said. "It'll look better if you do it, because it'll seem like you're over me" I said. "Ly..." "Just do it Roman" I said. "Do it loud enough so people can hear you" I said.

"I don't want to be the bad guy here" he said. "You've done it with other girls, why can't you just do it with me?" I asked.

"Because this is different Ly" He said. "How is this different?" I asked. "Because you're different. You're different then most girls I date" He said.

"I don't want the guys to call you names and make fun of you" He said. "And I don't want to pretend to laugh along with them" He said. "So please, just do it" He said. "Roman" I said. "Just get it over with" I said.

"Rip it off, like a band aid" I said. He sighed. "This won't affect anything right" He asked. "No Rom" I said. "Wait but I don't want to avoid you for a while" He said.

Finn was running over to us. "Dude" Finn said. "Galina is dating someone, she moved on man!" He said and patted his back.

Roman looked at me. So what does this mean? "We're talking dude, leave" Roman said. Finn looked at me.

"Oh, sorry" He said and walked over to the other guys. They all started whispering. "So," I said. "This isn't working, if she moved on then we need to do something else" He said.

"Dammit" He said and sighed angrily. He raked a hand through his black hair and then looked back down at me.

"I guess we're going to have to keep doing this" He said. Wait really? "But we need to move to the next level, step it up, you know?" He said. I nodded.

"Okay, I'm sorry" He said. "It's okay,Okay maybe I was a little excited for this... "

He pecked my cheek, and grabbed my hand. We walked back down the hallway and I saw Galina on the lockers making out with someone.

"Galina is over there" I said and looked up at Roman. I don't think he was even listening. I could tell he was thinking about something. "Rom?" I said.

He looked down at me. "Wear my jersey tomorrow" He said. "What?" I asked. "Tomorrow's our first game, people will be there, and she'll be there. So wear my jersey" he said.

"We have to start to make people think that this isn't just some fling between us" He said. "This is real" He said. He doesn't know how much I wish this was real.

"So I'll bring you to school tomorrow, and you'll wear my jersey" He said. I nodded. "That should do it" He said and nodded to himself.

He stopped at my class and pecked my lips. "I'll see you at lunch Lynny" He said and then walked away to catch up to his friends.

I saw Ray sitting at her desk and I walked over to her and sat next to her. "Hey, what happened?" She asked. "We're still dating" I said.

She raised her eyebrows at me. Yeah, I'm surprised too. "Galina's dating some guy" I said. "I think he's a senior" "So Roman said we should date longer" I whispered.

She nodded. "What a coincidence" She said and looked down at the paper in front of her. "What?" I asked. "It's like, all of this happened the day he was supposed to end it."