Chapter 7

I could hear the music blasting from down the street. I felt awful for Randy's neighbours, he has so many parties and if they're all like this, nothing good can come out of it.

I guess Randy's party started about an hour ago, I bet people will be coming and going all night long.

Miranda opened the door and we walked into Randy's average sized house. The house reeked of alcohol and sweat. I bet that's the natural scent in Randy's house from him drinking and partying all the time.

Did I ever tell you guys about my new friend named Ray? She's very pretty and smart. I met her at school. We have a weird friendship.
Anyways

Ray and I exchanged glances once we saw two guys walk over to Miranda and Zoella.

"We're going to dance, you two should come too!" Zoella said. I looked at Ray and she shook her head. Ray was too shy to dance in front of people, and I didn't want to leave her alone so I guess I won't dance either.

"It's okay, go have fun" I said. They both shrugged and took off with the guys. "You wanna get a drink?" Ray asked over the blasting music. I nodded and we made our way over to the table.

I didn't even recognize half of these people, do they even go to our school? I bit the inside of my lip as Ray poured me a drink, and handed me it.

I thanked her, and she poured one for herself. I ran a hand through my straightened hair and looked around the party.

I scanned the sweaty bodies of people on the dance floor, and then I found him, Roman. Sitting on the couch with Matthew, Finn, and , Corey.They were all holding red cups in their hands. was drinking and laughed at something Matthew said.

Finn nodded towards someone, or something on the dance floor and Roman turned around. I followed what they were looking at and saw Galina grinding on some guy.

Her shirt was basically screaming 'slut' all over it. Seriously, get a shirt that doesn't have your boobs hanging out for god's sake Roman  leaned back in the couch, and took another sip, watching Galina and the guy carefully.

I know Roman doesn't usually like people, but to go through all this trouble for just one girl that cheats on you repeatedly? He must have some feelings towards her.

A ping of jealous went through me, as I watched the way he looked at her. He swiped his hair up with a hand and Finn said something to him.

Roman blinked a couple of times, and then looked at Finn. I looked away from them, only to look back at Ray. "This party blows," She said.

"Hi," Someone said from behind us. I turned around and so did Ray. We came upon two boys wearing Duke Sweatshirts.

We Laid in North Carolina, so Duke wasn't so far from here.

"Are you really the type of guys who wears college sweatshirts to a party to try to get girls" I said. They both chuckled. "I guess so," The dirty blonde haired one said.

"What's your name?" The boy with the brown hair said to Ray. "Ray," She said shyly. Ray always been shy, even when we were kids she was shy.

"Well you're beautiful Ray, you wanna go dance?" The boy asked. Ray looked at me, and I nodded towards her. "Um, sure" She said and looked back at the good looking boy.

I watched the two of them walk onto the dance floor. "So, that leaves the two of us" The boy said. Right, I forgot about him. "What's your name?" He asked. "Lynn" I said and took a sip of my drink.

I felt the liquid burning the back of my throat, and swallowed quickly to try to get the burning away. "What's yours?" I asked. "John" He said and ran a hand through his hand.