Chapter 4 ~ MLG Programming

*Disclaimer: I do not own the Kane Chronicles, Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series and its fictional settings, characters and story line. This is merely a Fan fiction written for my and the readers enjoyment. Due to changes made, this story now covers the timeline from The Lightning Thief to The Crown of Ptolemy. Magnus Chase and The Trials of Apollo are not included.*  

Chapter 4 ~ MLG Programming

Carter Kane 

     Honestly, how can you program something to pretend to be channeling evil power? Unless there wasn't some serious MLG Programming, there had to be an outside force messing with the Brooklyn House. And that wasn't supposed to happen.

     Okay, I'll calm down and explain from the start. My name is Carter Kane and yes, you may have heard about me and my sister Sadie in several books that were put under the Fiction category. Good news? Those books should have been under Non-Fiction. Bad news? Every event there actually happened and that we did face doomsday and might face another one anytime soon. 

     Back to the Race where Sadie was kicking our butts for good measure. We had passed the 1st to 3rd floor with ease but unfortunately Julian, Lara and Micheal were stuck in the maze before the door closed. Leaving me and Jaz on the 4th floor as we stared at the group of shabti around us that were about to come in for the kill. 

     We stood with our backs close together my khopesh drawn and Jaz with her staff poised so any second she can strike out. I asked her as I eyed the shabti "Are you tired yet?"

     She shook her head but there was sweat glistening on her forehead "I can manage to get through this floor."

     That was when the shabti charged towards us and we both had to take 3 each. Sadie must have also drained most of her energy because occasionally, the shabti would pause for a moment before going back to Kill-Carter mode. 

     Jaz who was out of energy to summon commands was using her staff to smash the Shabti into bits which was surprisingly working because one of them lay down on the ground with its head and limbs shattered. 

     The Shabti I was fighting were surprisingly good. His skills averaged those of a combat magician in terms of agility and speed. There was no way I was going to defeat them with one khopesh when they were all entirely focused on me.

     I changed my plans, I kept playing defense and distract and waited for Sadie to lose control of one of them. Then, I saw it, the shabti right in front of me went rigid and quickly I jumped up and swung as I hard as I could at the Shabti. My khopesh made contact with its neck and it cleaved straight. Leaving a beheaded shabti dancing in the middle of the room as it struggled to stay up before crashing to the ground. 

     Fast forward, my defense working once more until the shabti almost pierced me through my guts. I side stepped quickly, barely missing me but catching my shirt. I jerked away, causing the shirt to tear straight up and create a new kind of fashion.

But, I had no time to worry about that. I stretched my leg and swiped it under the shabt balancing on one foot in an attempt to reach me, causing it to topple out of balance and crash to the floor, leaving it headless and pretty much dead.

Jaz was having a one on one with the last of her shabti. You could see cold sweat glistening on her forehead as she side stepped the attacks. I mentally sent a message "Hang on a little longer..."

If I could defeat this shabti, the last would be pretty easy enough. A command word could instantly defeat this shabti but considering I had barely enough strength to dodge more attacks and the fact that there was still another floor left, I didn't want to take my chances...