Chapter 2 ~ Run for your Ba

*Disclaimer: I do not own the Kane Chronicles, Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series and its fictional settings, characters and story line. This is merely a Fan fiction written for my and the readers enjoyment. Due to changes made, this story now covers the timeline from The Lightning Thief to The Crown of Ptolemy. Magnus Chase and The Trials of Apollo are not included.*  

Chapter 2 ~ Run for your Ba

Sadie Kane 

     You know I don't do those introduction pep talks in the beginning of the story like my brother. And I know you don't like them so, 3 years into the future after our battle in First Nome. I am here sitting in the huge library of 21st Nome. Teaching our youngest initiates on how to properly and safely write hieroglyphs on parchments where I put protective spells on to avoid deadly stuff.

     Shelby who was now almost 5 years old began to draw on her parchment before I even got to the part of explaining the Hieroglyphs we would be writing. A stick figure peeled itself out of the parchment and began dancing on the table where her 3 classmates began to laugh and clap. 

     I cleared my throat and called for their attention as the stick figure ran away with Khufu chasing it. "Let's repeat the rule one more time kids. One, two, three, Go."

     They chorused "No writing Hieroglyphs until Sadie says yes."

     I clapped and gave them a pat on the head "Very good, so let's go back to where we left off."

     I began to explain the basic symbols and spells and their precautions but they decided they would be fine without learning the precautions they started screaming happily and drawing on their parchments I had to take them away. 

      An hour later, the tables were on fire and I didn't know the criminal. The 4 Initiates ran away screaming but I calmly gather myself and pointed my wand at the blazing tables "Maw!"

     A wave of water tumbled over the tabled extinguishing them but not Cleo who ran towards me shouting "SADIE!! I thought you were supposed to be studying! Not having a pool party in the Library."

      I dried up the excess water with another command before turning to Cleo "Relax, we're dealing with the youngest initiates. Anything can happen especially Hieroglyph writing."

     She cleared the tables with one swipe of her wand "Anything can happen but not in my library."

     That was when Walt entered "Umm guys?"

     I turned to him and smiled "Yes?"

     He stared at the burn pieces of wood and parchment on the floor then at the kids in the corner "Carter says the Race starts in five."

     The kids cheered and ran past Walt into the board room at the 2nd floor. Cleo narrowed her eyes "Go ahead, you can't miss this game."

     Of course, Carter was supposed to participate in it which meant I got to be the main programmer. In the board room there were several tables today with each a huge piece of parchment and tiny different statues placed on top. The other Initiates were gathered at one side of the huge room a big as a basket ball court sitting on couches facing a huge screen.

    See the race is something the Brooklyn house created. The Race takes place at the factory below us and the main idea is that you have to get through all five floors filled with Shabtis. You get through them, you win and the Programmers can decide on a prize. 

     We long declared it unfair for Alyssa and banned her from the game since she can destroy the shabti with one touch so she is a permanent part of the programmers. Carter and I did some huge command words on the Factory to seal it off like the rest of the Brooklyn house before creating a huge Maze inside that we can always change from up here in the board room.