Chapter 16 ~ Enemy Within

*Disclaimer: I do not own the Kane Chronicles, Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series and its fictional settings, characters and story line. This is merely a Fan fiction written for my and the readers enjoyment. Due to changes made, this story now covers the timeline from The Lightning Thief to The Crown of Ptolemy. Magnus Chase and The Trials of Apollo are not included.*  

Chapter 16 ~ Enemy Within

Percy Jackson     

The ticking of the clock was the only noise in the prison as I scratched another line on the stone wall using a jagged stone on the floor. I counted the sticks I drew on the wall, 20 hours, there was still 4 hours left before time they agreed to let me out of this prison. That is if you count the basement of the Big House a prison.

Kristina called out from across the room "Percy, can I borrow your stone?"

I threw it across the general direction of the voice since the dark prevented me from seeing all across the huge area. I heard the stone collide with a solid figure and Kristina's voice call back "Thanks!"

Adelene's voice followed "Can I borrow it too?"

I nodded but realized she couldn't see me so I said out loud "Sure. Help yourselves, just don't break it."

I heard the stone pass over to Adelene and a few moments later, it skidded towards me. I took it and felt the rouge surface of the stone, one part jagged where we used it to scratch words on the stone wall.

See, we could have stayed with each other if it weren't for the celestial bronze shackles that chained our ankles to the wall. The Hephaestus cabin had commissioned it specially for us after we broke through the ropes that were previously used.

How did we get caught and caged in here?

Right after the whistle signal, half of the Assassins ran into the burning Brooklyn House and the rest stayed behind, some up on the crates, some forming a circle around us. The three of us stood with our backs against each other. I asked them "Know these people?"

Kristina shook her head "They look like they came out straight from a video game."

I warned my half-sisters "Careful, they are very dedicated to killing us."

Fighting one of them at East Harlem was a nightmare, I didn't want to know how I can stand against 25 of her level. One of them, wearing Crimson red raised a dagger "This is the famous demigod we all wanted to meet?"

The other laughed "I heard he got his shoulder Annihilated by our Undercover Agent."

I felt my face go red, I flexed my shoulder, trying not to wince from the strain "Well, bad news I'm still alive and kicking. So anybody else want a whack on their head?"

Another, this time a girl laughed "You think you will win this war? You don't even know what's happening."

The Leader guy replied "The Gods are on our side, Perseus Jackson. And in this war, you and your Annabeth won't be so lucky."

I raised Riptide, tense and ready for a fight but the Assassins who went into the Brooklyn house suddenly poured out and ran away while the ones surrounding us stayed still like waiting for an order.

One of them, the supposed leader put a hand beside his ear like he was receiving orders through an earpiece. He nodded slightly and motioned for the rest to follow. They ran away with impossible speed and left us three standing beside the burning house.