Chapter 11 ~ Enemies?

*Disclaimer: I do not own the Kane Chronicles, Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series and its fictional settings, characters and story line. This is merely a Fan fiction written for my and the readers enjoyment. Due to changes made, this story now covers the timeline from The Lightning Thief to The Crown of Ptolemy. Magnus Chase and The Trials of Apollo are not included.*  

Chapter 11 ~ Enemies?

Carter Kane

I don't remember anything. But I was sure I've done something really bad. Taking a direct hit on the chest by the tail of a Set Animal, in a combat avatar or not, is not pleasant. I got the wind knocked right out of me before falling down as the Avatar disappeared.

Unfortunate turn? Apparently my Ba got knocked out of my body too. The last thing I saw was my own unconscious self on the ground with Sadie digging into her supply bag before being dragged away by the winds up into the sky.

I was at the Throne room of the Gods, where I visited a few times through Horus. The golden room was illuminated dimly and Ra sat on his throne with his chin resting on his fist like he was in a deep thought.

Not a few moments later, another person entered the throne room. A woman in a silky blue outfit accompanied by another in a brilliant white. The Goddess of the Nile, Nephthys and her sister the Goddess of Magic, Isis.

They both bowed to Ra who slowly broke out of his train of thoughts "What brings you ,goddesses, here?"

They both stood up and Nephthys brought out an amulet "Horus has sworn his loyalty to you my lord, and so did Geb and Nut."

Isis crossed her arms "Osiris still refuses, my lord. He thinks this is a dangerous game."

Ra laughed "Dangerous? Why does he think so when the scales of victory tilt towards us."

Isis said in a low voice "He cannot trust the Greco alliance we have. He fears this is a trick of theirs."

Ra swept his hand in the air and a map appeared out of thin air "We have currently more trained Magician troops in the mortal world compared to the children of the Greco. The Kane Family has the half godlings in New York under control-"

Isis interrupted "Forgive me for interrupting my lord but-"

She cut herself off and created a mirage in the air showing a scene that I recognized "It was Empire State Building, the scene was exactly as I left it but this time, Sadie and Annabeth was nowhere to be seen. I was unconsious on the ground and Zia stood in front of me defensively with her staff drawn. I shifted my gaze to her opponent and saw Percy Jackson, his shoulder stained crimson and several cuts on his arms and face but his eyes blazed with anger.

What happened..? Before the scene could continue, Isis swept it away and Ra said in a bored voice "You have started this, Isis. I expect you to clear it up."

She gave a bow and left the throne room, her white dress billowing behind her. Ra turned to Nephthys "As I was saying, I am sure Academy Du Couteau is preparing their army."

Nephthys looked nervous and she replied in a shaking voice "I am sure my lord. They have trained for years, this is surely an easy task."

Ra smiled, an evil crooked one that the villains usually give before cooking up trouble "Then, we attack tomorrow."

Nephthys said in a hushed voice "My lord, how about the forces at Duat, shall we-"

Ra held up a hand "Do not discuss that here. We have a visitor that is hungry for information. We cannot afford to reveal our biggest plans can't we?"