Chapter 8 ~ Its where my Demon's hide

*Disclaimer: I do not own the Kane Chronicles, Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series and its fictional settings, characters and story line. This is merely a Fan fiction written for my and the readers enjoyment. Due to changes made, this story now covers the timeline from The Lightning Thief to The Crown of Ptolemy. Magnus Chase and The Trials of Apollo are not included.*  

Chapter 8 ~ Its where my Demons hide

Annabeth Chase

I closed my eyes and tried to enjoy the cool breeze coming from the trees despite the heat inside of the van as Argus drove me to Manhattan where he will leave me alone. Chiron had given me permission for a little Quest with Percy and told me to Iris Message when we needed back up members.

I tried not to feel uncomfortable as the eye on Argus' shoulder stared at me, refusing to look away. I was sure he didn't need all of those eyes, maybe some would be in a neutral mode until he needs it...

I made mental notes on the possible threat we was facing and tried to recall any information that would help us. All those years of learning about the different mythologies in the world slowly resurfaced.

There were several times an end of the world almost happened in the Greek Mythology because of the Gods, Titans and other beings clashing. But, they only ended up with only Minor damages caused on the Earth. Until, a flood swept through the world and drowned everybody, pretty much like the Greek version of the Moses story and in this version, two humans; King Deucalion and his wife Pyrrha. They eventually repopulated the Earth...

In Egyptian Mythology, a gentle Cow Goddess, Hathor turned into the Lion Goddess Sekhmet at anger of Human disobedience and went on a killing spree. She killed so much people that it created a river of blood and she even drank from it. Yuck... I know, but Ra realized it had gone too far and dyed a river of beer red which Sekhmet promptly drank and returned to the peaceful Hathor mode.

Okay I'll cut away from the Mythology lesson now. Argus blinked the eye at the back of his eye "We're in East 34th Street, near 3rd Avenue. I'll leave you here now."

As soon as I got down from the Van, Argus drove away back to Long Island. Once again leaving me alone. I came to Manhattan frequently, even during summer to return and borrow books for various subjects I needed to fill for scholarship. I hated to come back with a quest again.

Empire State building wasn't far, it was just a few blocks away, I could walk there. I looked around my surroundings, there was so far no one suspicious. If there was an Apocalypse coming, there would surely be someone trying to stop us from meeting each other.

I hated when I guesses those stuff correctly. I heard the Chaos before I saw it... The Mortals were running away from the direction where Empire State Building was and police sirens began to pierce the air. Explosions sounded from the road, blocking the way for cars to pass through which slowed the arrival of the police cars due to the Mid-day Manhattan traffic.

I broke through the Mortals and raced through the spaces between cars towards where the fight was. The Police had already taped off the 34th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue, holding guns and waiting for orders to fire.

I pushed my way through despite the police holding me back and made out the shape of Sadie and Carter with another girl I didn't recognize, fending off 3 15 feet tall Jackals with their fur the shade of reddish black.

As I approached, I could see also Demons both Greek and Egyptian, attacking the Mortals. Killing them... I've seen them kill Demigods and Egyptians but