The scenery started to become familiar, this is the wolf den.

~~~~~~~

Alyson ran into the cave and hide in what used to Zyler's den, looking around for any kind of weapon to fight against the much stronger wolf. He may be stronger but at the moment there's no human in him, but pure wolf she there had to be a way to outsmart him. She nearly cried in relief as she saw a fur pelt Zyler had used to sleep on she quickly covered herself in it to hide her scent.

Just as Dylan charged into the room, her hand landed on something strong and sturdy feeling. She pulled it closer to herself and waited for Dylan to approach her. Then she'd take him by surprise.

She heard his coming closer and sniffing loudly. As he was right outside the pelt she began to move to strike him. But a fierce growl had her frozen in place, this wasn't Dylan's growl but another Were she knew, Hayden.

She quickly threw the pelt off and smacked Dylan over the head with what she now knew was quite the heavy sturdy rock. Dylan swayed before falling and passing out.

Alyson let out a whoop of victory as adrenaline pulses through her.

"Did you see that? Who can't take of their self?" Alyson said pointing to the out cold Dylan who was slowly starting to shift back. Her eyes meet Hayden's who seem to fill with amusement, behind him the rest of the pack watches her with wide eyes.

The next second Mason let's out a barking laugh and soon everyone else joins in. Alyson felt powerful and like she could take on the world. She fell on her butt with relief.

"So...what the Fuck just happened?" Alyson asked. The guys all looked at each other as if trying to decide who was going to tell her.

After what felt like a lifetime Hayden released a sigh and stepped forward.

"Well, first things first that wasn't Dylan," Hayden said.

"No, duh?" Alyson said her fuse getting short as she watched Nate drag his brother to the main entrance of the cave.

"It was the Fever, it's something young Weres experience on the full moon and when they're on their own it becomes uncontrollable. Dylan went hunting, and no one else noticed it was a full moon. It normally wouldn't have mattered since he wouldn't have mattered because in the pack young weres can keep it together, but he was alone so he went crazy. He just so happened to find you," Hayden says.

"And you all just let him go off on his own on a full moon?" Alyson asked her tone annoyed her thrill of victory worn off replaced by anger.

"I didn't know he was out on his own until it was too late, and these idiots didn't even notice it was a full moon!" Hayden barked out making Alyson tense.

Her head felt heavy and her body shaken and all of her adrenaline gone only to be replaced with bone-deep tiredness.

"We'll continue this talk after you get some rest," Hayden said walking away.

"Hey! We aren't done here!" She growled anger making her blood boil inside her veins almost sparking. Hayden didn't even turn around as he left the room. She thought about ignoring his command and following him out and yelling at him more, but her body was much too heavy to even move. Soon she passed out on the pelt.

~~~~~~

Alyson wakes up to a sharp pain in her back. Panic starts to course through her. The panic only increases when she opens her eyes and the only thing she can see is darkness.

Footsteps make her heart feel like it's gonna explode from her chest, the feeling of dread from almost getting killed is still pumping through her veins. The footsteps come closer and closer until they're just a few steps away from her.