Without waiting another second, I moved my hand towards his and interlocked our pinkies after deciding to start out softly. His eyebrows furrowed in response to my touch, and his gaze stayed fixed on our current skinship.

I completed another question on the test before allowing the tips of my fingers to trail down towards his waist, and I felt him physically tense once I reached my destination.

I pulled lightly at the silver-studded belt, admiring the way his eyes widened slightly and how his breathing quickened out of the corner of my eyes.

He quickly glanced down at my hand before shifting his attention to me, his mouth hanging agape, contrasting to the usual smirk he carried.

What took over me in that moment, I still have no clue, but maybe it helped to shape things to be how they were.

I pulled harshly at the black leather, grateful that it didn't make much more noise than a soft tink, and felt it loosen in my hold.

Bingo.

Being careful not to disrupt anyone else in the room, I checked around and silently thanked whoever was up there looking over me that no one was paying any attention to anything but how difficult this freaking test was.

After blindly feeling around for a few seconds, my fingers finally came into contact with the rough zipper on his jeans, yet as I was about to drag it down, my hand was ripped away.

The sudden movement shocked me, and I turned to see what happened while looking not so inconspicuously to anyone else who happened to notice what was happening.

My eyes were instantly drawn to his face first, and I had to have a double take, thinking my eyes were deceiving me.

Ash was sat, his eyes wide and glistening with innocence, a cherry blossom coloured hue covering his unblemished cheeks. His lips were parted slightly, wet with saliva, and hushed, ragged breaths were being forced in and out of them.

Strands of dark earthy locks fell down into his eyes unevenly, and I saw small glimmers of deep auburn reflecting in the sunlight which seemed to be aimed directly at him.

In that moment, I felt something for Ash I never had and didn't think I could.

I felt pity.

I felt a warmth intrude into my heart as I realised he wasn't just a ruthless and lust driven machine sent here only to hurt.

Even through the miles and miles of thick outer shell, on the inside he was just as weak and fragile as any other normal person.

And suddenly I felt bad for ever hurting him.

However, those thoughts exited my mind almost as soon as they came.

His expression returned to emotionless, and his eyes sent daggers flying with pure passion and hatred as their source.

Feeling a sense of unease wash over me, I looked back down at the test in front of me and tried to act as if nothing happened.

But there was almost no point in trying, it was clear as day you could have cut yourself on the amount of raw tension between us.

↞↞↞♛↠↠↠

Nothing else happened after that.

No glances, no touches and definitely no talking.

We just got on with the test like we were supposed to, and when the bell rang, we gathered our stuff together and walked out like two random strangers.