10.4 - End of the Day - Bridge

I feel horrible for leaving Harry like that. I should've stayed. I should've tried to make it work. But honestly, at that point, I didn't see any benefit in staying. I didn't want things to get any worse. He might be right. I need some distance, figure out what I want. Well, I know what I want. I want to be with Harry. But I don't understand why Niall's kiss made me feel good. I've always loved Niall. He was always nice to me. From the moment I first saw him, he always cared for me, He always made sure I'm okay. Do I like him? But I'm with Harry. I love Harry. But why? I don't know how to answer that question. He was always there, it was always him I notice first, since way before I met him. I mean sure we had our problems Harry and me, but it's not because of Niall is it? Is Niall the reason why I can't see my future with Harry? No, it can't be! I love Harry. Yes. I do! I know I do! Why am I questioning it? Of course, I love Niall, but only as friends... I don't have any interest in being with Niall. I'm so confused! I don't think I can face him just yet. I'm gonna take an early flight to London. But I don't have my stuff. Let's call Liam.

'Hello?' He says through the phone.

'Hey, Liam! I need a favour.'

'Sure anything!'

'Can you meet me at the airport with my luggage? It's already packed.'

'Of course, but why what happened? Long story. Harry and I are taking a little break. I can't face him right now. I don't want to go back to that hotel room.'

'Alright. Will you two be okay though? This is temporary, right?'

'Yes, Liam it is. We'll be back by the time we have to go on tour. Everything will be great again.'

'Alright. I'll leave for the airport now. Need anything else?'

'No, thanks a lot, Liam. Hey, before you hang up.'

'Yeah?'

'Take care of him. Take care of them. Don't let Niall and Harry fight. Please.'

'Of course! Are you sure you're okay?'

'Yeah, don't worry. Bye! See you in a bit!'

Alright, that is done, tickets purchased. Oh, I was supposed to help Louis with something. Now I won't see him for two weeks. It can't wait that long. I'll call him.

'What's that I hear about you and Harry having a fight and you're going back to London? Liam was in a hurry he didn't explain.'

'It's nothing don't worry. Everything will be back to normal. I just need a little time away from him. Anyway. I'm sorry this is sudden. But remember the thing you asked me to do?'

'Yeah... what about it?'

'I saw the ring. It's amazing. You should get it! Stop procrastinating! Now is the time. Just do it! I don't need to tell you twice!'

'Are you sure?'

'Yes, Lou! I'm sure! Do it! Alright, I gotta go now! See you soon! Love you!'

'Love you too! Thanks bye!'

I should tell Harry though. It's not fair, me ditching him like that. I have to call him. Harry why don't you ever charge your phone! I guess I'll just leave a message.

'Hey, Harry. I'm sorry for leaving unannounced like that. I just need to take some distance to figure some stuff out. I'm sorry this has happened. But I'm still convinced that I want to be with you and spend the rest of my life with you. I'm never doubting that. It's just I'm a little confused by some things. And I think maybe us constantly hanging out and not spending enough time apart, we lost sight of things. We started taking things for granted, maybe? I don't know. I just know I need to miss you. Maybe if I missed you, if I remember how much it hurts living without you, I'd feel better about everything else. Maybe by then, you would have forgiven me for the mistake I made. I do hope you do. Because I love you Harry, and I want to be with you and I know you want to be with me too. So let's not let this come between us. But for now, I have to go. Take care of yourself and please don't fight with Niall. I love you! So much!'

I'm crying because it hurts, leaving Harry. I feel like something is squeezing my heart. I don't know how I got here. Everything was happy and perfect. And now I feel like the ground is gonna open up and swallow me. I guess I can't deny I seen it coming. This always happens to me. Whenever I'm happy, I just have to ruin it. I really believed it would be different this time. That I grew up, that those were just childish games. But I guess it's through the pain and the tough times that we learn to appreciate the good times. This is not any different right? It's just a setback, we'll be back together in no time, and I'll still have my place in the band, and we'll tour the world and I'll be happy. This is not like before. I'm a grown up now, I take responsibilities of my actions, and I don't get defeated by one bad thing. I'll stand back up, and I make sure this is fixed so that I can get back my happiness.

A loud thud followed by a lot of honking break my chain of thoughts. I look out the window on the taxi, we're in the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge. Everything is spinning...

Darkness. I try to open my eyes, again. I look around trying to understand what happened. Everything is upside down. Everything hurts. I feel a strong sting on the right side of my waist and on my forehead, right at the spot where Harry usually kisses me. I'm breathing heavily. I'm passing out again. I have to stay up. I look around, there's not much room to move, I'm stuck. I can't move my leg. That pain again. It hurts so much. I put my hand on my side trying to put pressure on the pain but now my hand is covered in blood. This can't be it! No. I don't want to go just yet. I need to see Harry! I need Harry now! Please! I don't have the force to scream for help. Someone help. I don't want to go. I can't let people down. So many people need me. My bandmates need me. My brothers, my Best friend, the love of my life. Izzie! I haven't seen her since my birthday. I have to get out of here. I need to... Where's my phone? There it is. No, no! I can't pass out again.

It hurts so much! What was I going to do? Right my phone! I don't think I have much time left though. I don't want to go! I need to call for help! The screen is broken but at least it's working! I can't breathe well. I have to send one more text. Just in case I don't make it. I'm shaking but this is too important. I need to send that text. Select contact, Niall. I love you.

Book and movies lied. They said there would be a light at the end of the tunnel but all I see is darkness. I just wish I didn't have that fight with Harry. I'm gonna go and he'll feel guilty all his life. He has to know it's not his fault. I can barely move. I'm gonna try to send him a message it's important. Select contact, Harry, It's not your fault and send.

I think this is it now.

3...

2...

1...