3.4 - Spotlight - Video Diaries

I woke up the next morning at 6:30 a.m. and I couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up changed my clothes and went to the kitchen to have breakfast. After eating, I got bored. I noticed the sink full of dirty dishes so I got my phone and earphones and clicked on my 1D playlist and started cleaning up the kitchen. I had only one earpiece on to notice if anyone came in. But it didn't stop Liam from scaring me. I was silently humming to "Steal my girl" when out of the blue I hear Liam's voice singing along in real life. I turned and gently hit him with the kitchen towel.

'You scared me!' I gasped.

'Sorry! I had to!' He joked.

'Why are you doing the dishes! You didn't have to! I was gonna do them yesterday but we got busy and I was tired.'

'I know but I got up earlier than I should've and I got bored and I can't stand seeing a full sink and not do anything about it.'

We finished the chores together and then he got his phone and checked his twitter while I sat there scrolling through my phone trying to find something to do. So I opened youtube, and one of the suggested videos was one of the boys' old video diaries. So instinctively I clicked and started watching. About half an hour later, Niall came in.

'What's so funny?'

'I don't know she's watching some videos, I didn't ask, I was on twitter.'

'Hey Cas'!'

'Oh sorry, Niall didn't see you there! Good morning!' I locked my phone and put it down.

'Good morning! So what were you watching?'

My face went a little red and I stood up and went to the fridge pretending to be looking for something to eat.

'So you were watching something about us, right?' Liam asked.

'Well, to be honest, I just stumbled on your old video diaries. I just started watching them again.' I mumbled.

'Hey! We should do them again! Well at least one! Come on, please! The fans will love it, right Cas'? You'd know that!' Liam pleaded.

'Yeah, they really miss them!' I chuckled and then looked at Niall.

'I don't mind... if Louis and Harry agree we'll do it.'

'Agree on what?' a sleepy Harry says while grabbing a banana.

'We were thinking maybe do a video diary thing like the old days.' Liam replied.

'Yeah sure, why not could be fun!'

'Great! Now we just need to wait till Tommo wakes up. And that might not be before 2 to 3 hours!' Niall sighed.

'Maybe we could gather some questions to answer? There's always people asking questions on twitter!' I suggested.

After a few hours of looking for questions, preparing some jokes, cleaning up the living room where we'll be shooting, setting up the camera. Everything was ready, except Louis who was still asleep. When he woke up, he came into the living room, found all four of us sitting tightly on one sofa and a camera facing us.

'VIDEO DIARIES! YES! Just give me 10 minutes, I'm starving!' He shouted in excitement.

After a couple of minutes, Louis walked back into the living room and started recording. I was sitting on the right end of the sofa that could fit only 3 people, Niall next to me sitting on the sofa arm, I was showing him some edits I saw from my Instagram fan account. On the other end of the sofa, Harry was sitting, he called Liam to see something on his phone, so he sat on the sofa arm next to Harry. Louis entered the camera's shot and shouted.

'You guys are so boring!'

He grabbed mine and Harry's phones, threw them on the other sofa. Harry and I whined, and then Liam said, 'Anyway, welcome back to the video diaries!' And we all cheered.

'I love those diaries! Yeah!' Louis shouted.

And then they started singing "The video diaries are back" song. And me having watched those video a thousand times, just knew how to follow along, and almost started fangirling and Louis said, 'Inbetweeners dance! Go!'

'So when you said we're going to do it exactly like last time, you meant exactly like last time!'

'Yes, Cassie, of course, I meant exactly like last time! We're not gonna half-ass it!' Louis snapped.

'I have to say, we're all very happy and excited to be back, and it wouldn't be possible without your support. And I just want to take the time to say thank you, especially for being so welcoming towards Cassie.' Liam started.

'Yeah, you guys are really unbelievable! Thank you for being so kind and supportive!' Harry continued and we all nodded and said our thanks to the fans as well.

'We all woke up early today and were bored, and since we all missed those diaries we decided to shoot a new one and answer some of your questions!' Niall began.

'This first question is from Tara, and it says if you could travel in time, when would you go and why? Liam?'Harry read the first question.

'I don't know probably the future, to see how different it is from what we think it'll be.'

'Niall?' Harry asked.

'Probably the 90s, lots of great artists I wanna see!'

'Louis?' He asked again.

'I'd go hang out with Elvis! Or maybe go see the dinosaurs!'

'What about you Cas'?'

'Yeah, I think I'd go to the future, to see if there are any aliens on earth. Louis, where are you going? We're not done yet! What about you Harry?'

'I think I'd go to the 70s! It was a fun decade!'

He came back holding a stuffed grey pigeon, and I instinctively shouted, 'Kevin!!'

'Right, next question is from Mia. And she's asking What was the last movie you watched?' Niall read the question while ignoring Louis' distracting bird noises.

'We actually all watched that movie with Emma Watson and Logan Lerman yesterday and it was so amazing! If you haven't yet, you definitely should!' Liam answered before I read the next question.

'Next question is from Alice, and she wants to know if we were stuck on a deserted Island, what would we bring?'

'Well, I would bring a book that would teach me how to build a boat so that I could escape.' Liam replied.

'I would bring Liam! Because he'd know what to do!' Louis shouted.

'I would bring my guitar!' Niall said.

'Harry?' I asked.

'I would bring you, Cas'! So I wouldn't be bored alone.'

'I think I'd bring maybe some canned food? Just in case I don't find edible food soon enough?'

'Alright, last question?' Liam asked.

'Yeah. Last but not least! This very important question was asked by Emily and it says, Cassie, who's your favourite out of the four of us! Hmm! Interesting!' Harry read.

'I don't have a favourite! I love you all equally!'

'Oh come on! Everyone has a favourite!' Liam exclaimed.

'Alright, if I had to pick one, I'd choose... Kevin!'

'Yes, that's right Kevin! Cas' is a lovely girl!' Louis purred.

'So that was it for this video diary. Thank you for all your questions! I don't think we'll be making anymore though. I mean it's 2021, but don't worry, because we will be answering your questions live on Instagram occasionally whenever we get some free time!' Liam said.

'Thank you! Bye!' We all said in sync.

'Say bye Kevin!' Louis added petting the stuffed animal before stopping the video.