8.3 - Europe - Milan

Berlin was great, but it was time to move on and go to Milan for our next show. We were eating breakfast when my phone rang. I saw the name, excused myself, and separated myself from the group.

'Hey, Zain! Long time! How've you been?' I asked.

'I'm good! What about you? I see you're enjoying yourself!'

'I'm great yeah! You've been checking the news I see!' I teased.

'Only because you're too busy to text me and I miss you!'

'Hey! I text you! Just not as much as I'd like it. They're always around. I still don't know how to deal with it. It would be so much easier if all of you would be on good terms again.'

'Yeah... I don't know if how that could work. Anyway! I'm actually calling for a reason!'

'You mean besides the fact that you miss me and can't live without me?' I teased.

He chuckled and replied, 'Well, believe it or not. I'm in the neighbourhood.'

'What? How? Why?'

'I've been invited to the Milan Fashion Week. And I have to go, and I kinda need a plus 1. Would you like to come with me?' He asked.

'I'd love to, but I should probably check with the band first? I don't want more problem.'

'Alright. I'll be waiting for a call or text. Thank you! Take care!' He hung up.

I took a deep breath, rejoining the group.

'Umm, can I ask you guys something?'

'Of course, love!' Louis said.

'Umm... Well, there's this event in the city. And we have a day off after the show, and I was asked if I wanted to come along. And I kinda want to.'

'You don't have to ask us for permission! You can do whatever you want!' Liam reassured.

'I kinda do. The person who wants me to go with him. It's umm... It's Zain.'

'Zayn?' Liam asked and I nodded.

After a moment of silence, since I didn't get any response, I assumed they want to say no. So I went to my bunk and closed the curtains behind me. And texted Zayn.

'Hey, look I'm sorry. I don't think it's gonna be possible.'

'Did you talk to them? Did they actually say no?'

'Well, they didn't say anything. I just assumed they want to say no but can't.'

'At least you didn't fight. Right?'

'I guess. But them not saying anything is scarier than fighting. It's like when you throw a grenade and it doesn't explode but it could at any second so you just freeze. You can't move, you can't do anything. Just waiting for the explosion.'

'I like that metaphor! Can I use it?' He texted.

'What for?'

'A song. I'm writing my new album. I'm still a couple of songs short.'

'Oh, well yeah, of course, you can use it! But you'll have to credit me!'

'Of course!'

'Wait no, I'm kidding! I don't know, it might do some damages. I honestly don't really understand those stuff.' I replied.

'I'll see what I can do. But try talking to them. The silent treatment thing is for children. We're all adults here.'