1...He knew me

As soon as I entered college my eyes searched for only one man. He didn't attend economy lesson today, and I already feel detached.

Last year I got shifted here, this place was beautiful but a bit intimidating, people were nice to me, I wasn't able to make a group of besties but people know me, they acknowledge me and it was enough.
I went to my second lecture.
My heart contended as I saw him seated at the end of class, I took him in, his hazel eyes, trimmed beared along with his wet brown hair strangled on his forehead. My trance was broke as I heared class filling up, I intentionally sat at the end,few seats away besides him ignoring all the empty seats at the front, not even once he looked up through his phone. He was a self-possessed man, trying to be inconspicuous, unnoticed and unloved from everyone. One of my class fellows fill up the seat beside me and started talking about random stuff, making me difficult to steal glances at the him, he put his phone aside as the professor entered and started taking notes, an instant regret fill me up,tomorrow I'm gonna sit a few rows back to at least gawk him without rotating my neck after every second.
Our professor announced to submit our groups for research assignment, I didn't know where to go, so I asked Mehnail if I can join her's "Sorry! But we already have an extra member" I nodded, totally understandable we weren't allowed to have more than four people in a group, I decided to stay back until everyone leave and ask professor to fix me up somewhere.

"Sorry! But each group already has five or six members." I sighed thinking that I am going to have a huge pile of work to finish alone, "Excuse me? " It was him. " You haven't mentioned your group." professor asked as he was leaving the class.

" I'll finish it alone sir. " his deep raspy voice send shivers down my spine, I didn't know why but my heart jumped at his each word.

"You can work with me" I blurt it out, I just wish I didn't seem desperate but the way he and professor stared at me totally starlted, they knew I was,
" if you want to obliviously " I lowered my eyes totally embarrassed.

" I think it's a good idea. There are various topics to be covered, it would be exhausting for you to handle it alone" He pointed him.

"No Sir! I'm okay I'm customed to work alone" I panicked seeing professor weren't convincing him more.

" It's okay! I'll adjust.. " certified creep I am. I bit my cheek totally exasperated at myself why can't I just shut up for a while. He must have judged me as a clinging bitch.

"Decided then you both are preparing the presentation together" professor left after ordering while he kept standing there eyeing me. Since the whole past year it was the first time he was watching me, I was feeling nervous under his hard gaze, praying it to be intended anything but anger.

I tried to break the ice "Hey! " it was barely a whisper, he just nodded his head and walked out. I was starlted at his actions I went behind him he was taking long strides, I practically ran to catch up with him, "So I was thinking it was better for us to split up the topics " I said heavily
He didn't replied. We stopped when we reached his SUV gladly I caught up with my lost breath
" email me the topics you want to cover" with that he opened his car and left. Confused and a little maimed at his detached behaviour I left for home.
I sat beside my window and waited for him to come out of his place. Six months ago I discovered that he lived just a few blocks away from me and since then, I kept track of his routine, he leaves his house every night around 11.00 and God knows when he comes back. He left his house exactly at 11.00 looked around like he always do and walked away wearing his old leather jacket and black boots, I hated those shoes, they look worned.
I don't know why I do that, I why look at him everyday noticed each and every detail of him, he pulls me towards him in every way. We exchanged only a few words today and they were kept repeating on my mind.
I haven't told anyone about it, I'm afraid they will think I'm obsessed, because I'm not, yes I have developed a sense of liking for him and I want to know him but I wasn't tormented on his thoughts. I didn't even know his name yet.

Next morning I searched for him like a loony, but failed miserably , disappointed I attended my classes he wasn't even in them today, he was accustomed of missing his lectures.

when I was proceeding towards library my eyes found him, in football area, practising alone, my heart flustered watching him , looking stunning, in his soccer jersey covering the whole ground, he looked like a kid, who has shut this world out, and was totally dwelled on the ball that was roaming in his feets. His mouth panting ,sweat dripping though his biceps and forheard , he felt so pure and innocent in this moment.
I went in as he shot a goal beaming at his irrational victory, his smile got lost as soon as he saw me, I strolled towards him until we were facing each other,"Seems like you are too afraid to challenge yourself with a real game" he didn't replied me and looked away , his face shined under sun his whole body was showered in sweat, when I realised I'm not getting any answer I got to the buiseness " I don't have your email. " he again nodded without sparing me a glance and ambled towards the bench, where his bottle and towel were, we went to library after he freshened up.

" So these are the topics.  " I ranted for about an hour and all he did was nodded I tried to spill few words out of him but all he did was shook his head. I was totally pissed by now. Even if he don't wanna work with me can't he make it less obvious.
" You need to speak you know"

"I'm okay with this" This was all he said while burying his face in papers. Anger boiled in me, I felt neglected and I don't know why but it hurt me, I was never the one who craves attention but I wasn't me with him, I felt a yearning to have a normal civilized conversation but he wasn't  cooperating , Annoyed I got up and quickly assembled my things,
" I'm sorry if I coerced you into this, we both can work alone, if you want to, " I tear a piece of paper and wrote my number "here is my number tell me if you want me to help. " I was about to leave but turned back. " Maybe you should learn to introduce yourself first I don't know about you but it is weird for me that we both don't know each other names yet. "
"Quite creep" I mumbled as I left.

I was laying in my room totally regretting each and every single word I said at the library, maybe he was an introvert, not all people express themselves, I was dwelled in my guilt,when my eyes landed on my alarm clock it was 11.00 I ambled to my window and saw him coming out, this time not checking his surroundings but his phone, he looked nervous while standing outside his gate, continuously putting his phone in his jacket and then taking it out, he finally shoved his phone in his jacket and walked away like he usually do. Sighing I went back to my bed as i heared my phone beep, I casually saw, it was an unknown number.

Hey! I wanted to say if you can cover those advertisement sector and I will handle the capitalization.
I'm sorry about earlier.
BTW Azaan here, the quite creep.

My heart clenched at his message, a further addition to my guilt list

"I'm glad you said that. I don't mind handling the advertising part. Meet you tomorrow at library good night!"

I was shivering as I waited for his reply, feeling butterflies all around me.
Okay! Good night!
Ahana.

I lost my breath as I realised he wrote my name at the end. He knew me!

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Here comes the first instalment of my new story. Please tell me how it was.
I shivered writing this as I thought about the future scenes and plot.
I was always to lazy to reread the first story I write but I didn't do that in this one 😂

Don't forget to vote and comment.
I will desperately wait to read your comments.

Until then Love! You all..