"Thank you so much for the help, Asano-san." Nagisa said, slumping down with a relieved expression, "I might as well be able to bring around seventy because of your amazing tutelage."

Something burned inside Karma's chest at the praise, he wanted to be the one providing for Nagisa. And here this random copy of him was doing that and even getting Nagisa to compliment him. That bastard..

"No worries. As I said before I am only lending you a helping hand as the student council president." He dared to say, with a neutral face, "It's my responsibility to make sure our grades are above average to keep the reputation of the school afloat."

So, this guy was all about reputations, huh? Pathetic. Karma scoffed mentally, his disdain for the strawberry-blonde boy increasing rapidly. If that was the case then he most likely knew of his reputation as the troublemaker of Kunigigaoko. This was getting interesting.

"Eh~? If reputations what you're talking about then you probably know me, Shuu-chan~" Karma chimed, a mocking edge present in his voice.

Asano's eyes narrowed, a scoff emerging from him, "Of course, I do, Akabane. Your infamous tales have traveled along the corriders and halls of the school even though I've heard of the grades you obtain."

Nagisa watched uneasily, a menacing grin growing on Karma's face slowly, "Heh, so you have heard of me."

The strawberry blond quirked an eyebrow, "From what I had said before, yes. And don't be so protective, I don't aim to steal from you."

The grin faded slowly, his gaze, however, still holding a threatening twinkle to it as he laughed heartily, "And you should stick to that, if you value your life that is."

Nagisa sighed when the tension dissipated but was still confused at their weird conversation. He figured that it must be an alpha thing between them since Okuda looked just as confused as him at the peculiar interaction between the two.

"Hn, I hope that you put up some fight in the upcoming exam." Saying that, he exited the library.

Karma scoffed, taking one of the science book on his hand, "I don't see why you even brought him to tutor you." His eyes scanned the pages of the science book.

The problems and equations were relatively easier than he imagined. These could be learned if the formulas were memorized and implemented correctly, nothing was that difficult.

He exhaled, "You guys were stuck with these questions? They're elementary level, you know?"

Nagisa took the book, a frown making its way to his face, "You could've helped us if these were that easy."

"Alright." Okuda and Nagisa looked taken aback at the sudden affirmation, "I'll help you guys but you don't have to go to that bastard to ask him for help." He resisted the urge to growl, opting on scowling instead.

Nagisa lightened up, giving him a close eyed smile, "Okay, thank you." He turned towards Okuda, winking at her subtly before switching his gaze from her to Karma, "I'm sure Manami-san would like that too."

She flushed slightly at the implication, squeaking out 'yes' with a reddened face.

~

"Thank you for tutoring us, Karma-kun!" Okuda said brightly, her exam result gripped on her hand lightly as to not crinkle the paper.

At Karma's surprised expression and the confused noise he made, Nagisa beamed ebulliently, his own result in his hand, "Yeah, thanks! Our ranks have improved greatly because of your help!"

He had made it to top fifty, taking the forty sixth spot for himself which was quite the feat in itself considering the number of students present in the school. And what was more surprising is that Karma had managed to teach them even though the statement seemed uncharacteristic of the red head.