✦ Chapter IV ✦ Resting A Bit ✦

Goggles' POV

The rain got bigger over time and the drips came faster down. It hurt more, that I had to find something, where I could protect myself from it. After turning myself ob my own axis twice, I found a house, which luckily had something outdoors.

It didn't bother me if there anyone lives or not and I even didn't look at it closer. For me it was first impotent to get rid of the rain and ran under the safe point.

Then, after a big sigh, I stared to the ground again, how a few puddles formed there.

I felt the tears in my eyes and was broken, even tho it wasn't that much. Maybe for others, but for me, this 1 vs 1 would be the perfect opportunity. Is screwed it, by letting him inside my house, seeing Specs ready. I was surprised, because my leader never said something that he would like to do a turf war with me. After he asked me he just ran away and apparently forgot that. Perhaps he didn't even realize what he had done and probably stays there still speechless.

I had to accept this tho and will be prepared better next time.

Next time I'll make sure that everything will gonna turn out correctly and to this, coordination belongs. I'll be supposed to think about each mistake which could happen and put them all away, that nothing could go wrong anymore. I assume that this will be challenging but for Rider, I would do anything. Maybe he already showed some signs that he doesn't like me but I doubt that.
At least he wanted to do something only with me and wouldn't say that he if didn't like me.

That's why I had hope for a success at the next attempt and will wait for the next opportunity.

I placed these thoughts then at the side and concentrated myself on the presence.

The rain didn't calm down a little bit and was still very strong.

I groaned out of dispair but waited.
The sun also slowly setted and it became night. I really woke up very late with the fact that it was already turning night now but oh well, so horrible it wasn't since it happened nothing exciting today, except the onerous loss, which was rather sad...

As I noticed that this rain will still take a while, I took the chance and looked closer where I was. Inside the house by which I stood was no light and apparently it was uninhabited.
Then, I looked on the sides and it really seemed like a dead place in this road here.
I was kinda lost now, even tho I kinda knew in which direction I'd have to go. But now I had to wait.
Sadly there was nothing to do and the door was even locked. I waited and waited, until I saw an inkling in the rain from afar. I actually wanted to yell after him that this was very dangerous for this guy but at the same moment I saw, how he hold an umbrella, which was actually thought for fighting inside the inkopolis tower. This inkling was so far away that I hardly see that but thanks to the tentacle hairstyle he was obviously a male.

With a closer look I knew that he looked to me and he didn't move a single inch since I recognized him.
But then, as I dared to move from my safe spot towards the guy, while getting hit from the rain, I saw that it was Specs himself.
He didn't bring his brush with him and only had an umbrella.

His facial expression looked kinda depressed, which was right, because not even me, but also he was supposed to feel guilty. Actually I most likely wanted to hit him right into the face as a punishment but on the other hand it wouldn't make anything better. First he would be mad at me back and second he would lose the umbrella, that the rain could splash him within the bruises, including me of course.
I didn't want to make it worse and after all I'd feel bad then, that I hurt someone else. Two losses, at the same day.
This would be too much so therefore I didn't let my anger out of me.
We were probably in the same boat and just greeted eachother, as if nothing happened. After that I stood next to him, under his umbrella.
Specs didn't move yet tho and kept staring at me. I didn't fall into his trap and stared instead to the house where I protect myself from the rain before.

"I'm sorry... Goggles" he whispered finally, after a ton of seconds awkward silence.
I looked to him and then into my thoughts again. Apparently he saw his mistake, which was good. Now I couldn't be mad anymore and had to accept this all. He needed time to realize what happened but then, as he did it, Rider was already away, so it was too late anyways.

Together we kept standing under the umbrella, while the rain driped on it, flowing down to the side in each direction.

Over time it calmed itself down and suddenly it was over. Specs looked slightly upwards into the sky and it was clear again. A clear night, so to speak, because it was getting even darker than before.

"Let's go home. Headphones and Bobbles are for sure already waiting" he smiled and wanted me to forget what happened earlier.

*sigh* 

Okay... after a long time with no answer I accepted it completely and smiled back to him.

"Yeah! It's time to go to bed I think, that I won't oversleep tomorrow again" I chuckled and grabbed into my pocket after some pickled plums.
I have always a few by me at anytime abd my precious grandma can do unlimited of them with no problem anyways. Since I know that Specs found them too sour, I didn't offer something to him, what I'd normally do actually, because I'm just a nice boy.

Finding it extremely delicious, I swallowed each after another until the stock in my pocket was empty.
I ate quiet a lot but that didn't matter, because at least I skipped today's lunch.

Soon we arrived at our real home and after I went in, I instantly headed upstairs into my own room. My two other teammates weren't even here tho, but as I locked my door, I heard two female voices, which came surely from them. They apparently did a lot with their crushes or whatever they are but eh, at least they had great day...

right?

Because of that feeling I didn't feel like greeting and just layed myself down on my bed. I was tired and then I even heard an owl through my open window. Outdoors it was very cold and the frozen wind came sadly inside my room. My fast reactions made myself up and closed the window.
Then I finally could rest and had time to go inside me.
Sadly after some seconds somebody knocked on my door.
I opened it without hesitation and didn't want to disappoint a third inkling.
It was Headphones, who just closed it again behind her and came in. She didn't wait after a response if she can or not, and according to her face, she looked pretty worried about me.

"Specs told me what you guys did. I'm sorry with the misunderstanding. Next time you'll be able to do something with Rider for sure" she thought out loud positive and smiled to the ground, even though it was addressed to me.

I couldn't resist and had to smile back. Then, I just hugged her gently out of nowhere. She didn't see that coming but since she's one of my teammates and a friend since I was a young child, she hugged me tightly back.

"Thank you, Headphones. I'll try to look next time better after possible mistakes and misunderstanding, to prevent them all hopefully" I said big to myself and decided, that I won't lie to myself for breaking this promise.

"How it went by you by the way?" I asked back but not so specific, that she won't explain everything in detail.
"Great, but this tragic thing really worried me a lot" she answered quickly, which made me look at her with a surprisingly look.

"Huh? Why are you looking so surprised?" she asked and hold my hands.
"N-nothing special... I think I'm gonna rest now until tomorrow. Good night" I said quickly and turned my back on the bed towards her.
She sighed and left the room, without any other words. She knew that I needed a break from everyone and they thought that I currently trust nobody, which was actually true.
I wanted to cope with what happened and this definitely needed its time. I instantly switched off the light and fell faster asleep as at no other day.
I was so tired and mad, mixed with different emotions that I only wanted to leave my spirit for this night.
Successfully it happened after I closed my eyes and after my teammates went to bed as well, the whole house was so to speak, dead.