Extraordinary Merry Christmas

Start from the beginning

"Me?" He asks.

"Artie, you'll be amazing!" I praise.

"Yeah. He saw west side story and loved your work, and he wants to take a meeting." Mr. Shue continues with the news.

"But I... I swore I would never sell out and do television. I'm really going to have to think about this, Mr. Shue." Artie tells him. I don't think I'm the only one looking at Artie like he's crazy right now.

After the bell rang we all started heading out. I followed Artie closely behind him when I suddenly hit both is his hands and wheel him into an empty classroom.

"You want to talk about it." Artie says, already knows my intentions.

"Artie, you are not selling out to television... theatre isn't very popular, if you haven't notice by the lack of praise we get at this school, television is just going to give you a wider audience. It's going to let more people be known to your amazing talents." I praise my boyfriend, trying to get him to do this. After a few more words, Artie decides to take the meeting, with me by his side per his request. Borowski gets to McKinley and we settle things pretty quickly. I walk down the hall with Artie wheeling himself and Borowski tries to keep up with our pace.

"I am absolutely delighted that our channels Christmas special is being directed by a teenage disabled boy. You're like a modern day tiny Tim." The man says. I furrow my eyebrows. Really? He really said that? Artie turns around in his chair and I spin on my heel.

"Oh. I'm sorry. Tiny Tim could walk." Borowski adds. Yet again, a horrible thing to mention.

"I'm the spirit of Christmas, I'm going to pretend you never said that. Here's the deelio, Mr. Borowski. I have two ironclad demands. The first one came to me last night in a dream. [explains his dream] the Wookie was right, the best Christmas show of all time is The Star Wars Holiday Special, shown only once in 1987, then licked away in the lucasfilm vault like the precious jewel it is. Every fanboy in the galaxy knows its completely awesome. Therefore, Star Wars must be a part of our Christmas special." Artie explains his first demand.

"I agree. That Christmas special is legendary and we want our special to be legendary as well." I say with a smirk. When Artie doesn't say anything, I look down at him to see him looking at me in awe.

"I am completely in love with you." He says in a daze. I laugh.

"I love you too Artie." I tell him. He shakes himself out of it and continues with the demands.

"And I also want to shoot it in black and white." Artie says and turns around to continue wheeling away. I follow.

"Black and white?" Borowski asks.

"It will be a homage to the second best special of all time, the Judy garland Christmas show. You know, some say Judy was high on pills and Booz, but... I say she was high on excitement and baby Jesus." Artie explains his second demand as he fixes a fake present under our Christmas tree.

"Kid, you can shoot the thing in 3-D, starring a flock of pigeons, as long as you can produce it for under 800 bucks." Borowski tells him. Artie nods.

"I can do it, sir. I know I can." Artie nods. They shake hands in an agreement. The man leaves and I squeal.

"Your directing a Christmas special..! I'm going to be in a Christmas special." I say, excitement filling my bones. Then the dust settles and panic spreads through my face.