His Protectors $^

The Lads were headed to a meeting to meet a famous song writer that had written for several bands that the lads had like

"This is going to be interesting" Harry stated with a fond smile gracing his features.

The other lads agreed with him. They had no idea who this song writer was. They normally just wrote with Julian, John and Jamie. They had always used the trio as Louis called them. They all had became great friends, more like brothers to the three lads.

Louis, Zayn and Liam had been a little unsettled on using someone different. They just wanted to keep using the three lads, who knew them all so well. They saw how the fans loved the songs that all of them have written together, so why change it. They did realize that it was so only one song, even not then two songs. It should hurt them, but they just did not want to change.

Harry thought the same as the older three, but was more excited like Niall was. He loved seeing what other song writers had. The Lads had finally gotten to where they know what kind of sound they want, and all.

Niall was the most excited out of all them. He always loved when song writers wanted to show the Lads songs that might fit their sound and all.

"I hope the song he has is a great one," Niall said excitingly. The oldest three just gave him a look. They were not going to sugar coat anything. They really did not want be here.

"Guess we are about to find out," Liam said tightly as the SUV pulled up next to the building.

"Alright lads we are here, so go straight into the building. There are fans outside, but you do not have time to stop. Sorry Lads. We are running late due to traffic. Let's go" Paul told them before getting out of the SUV.

The five boys exited the car and went straight inside as instructed. They all piled into the meeting room. Liam going in first, with Louis and Zayn right behind him with the youngest two lastly..

"Boys it's good to see you. I'm Lucas Marc by the way. Pleased to meet you all." Lucas said offering a hand to Liam.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Marc. I'm Liam." Liam stated taking the offered hand and then walking down the table with five chairs that were empty.

Each boy said their greetings, following Liam to the empty chairs.

Niall came in last with five water bottles

"I'm Niall. It's so good to meet you, Mr. Marc" Niall said as he tried shake the man's hand while carrying the five water bottles

"Nice to meet you Niall. Also the rest of you lads. Call me Lucas. Mr Marc is my father." smiled Mr Lucas as he tried to look Niall up and down secretly.

Liam and Louis shared a questionable glance as they glare at Lucas, but quickly removing the glare as Niall shared a glance at them while handing them their water bottles.

Smiling their thanks, Louis and Liam had returned the glare, but what surprise them was that Zayn and Harry were also giving Mr Lucas a glare.

"Let's begin," Mr Lucas had smiled as the Lads, but mainly Niall.

Niall smiled back, not noticing anything was wrong.

The run through of the song had been straight forward. The Lads had listened with open ears. Liam, Louis and Zayn were surprised on how the song sound perfectly for their next album, but quickly closed their mouths.

"So, what do you lads think?" Mr Lucas asked as he watch the Lads carefully.

"I don't know. It's a great song, but I just don't know if it would fit with the other songs we have, and if it fits the sound that we are doing," Liam had spoke.