Nerf Guns

{If you don't know what Nerf guns are, they're basically toy guns that shoot with foam pellets. They're marketed towards kids, so the guns themselves are fairly safe. The pellets they shoot are not that hard. *Nobody is shooting a real gun in this story*}

It was 6:30 AM, and the band was dressed and ready for their first interview of the day... except it was a sponsored interview, so it wasn't quite what they'd expected.

"Alright, boys. This video is sponsored by Nerf guns, so we're making a little 'raid the castle' activity here." a set director told them. "As you can see, there is an obstacle course on either side, and both of them lead to the centre. So we've built this little set here, it's kind of like a castle. What we're going to do is we're going to have two teams. The red team will be on this side, and the blue team will be on this side. Divide them however you want. Then, the odd man out is going to be the "king". The king doesn't get to do any shooting, but they do get to sit on the throne with the biggest golden gun. Basically, everyone tries to get to the king first."

"Hey," Corbyn piped up, "since Jonah is just getting over a cold, you should be the king. It's probably better you don't overexert yourself." He smiled at Jonah expectantly.

Jonah shrugged. "I mean, I'll take it if nobody else wants to." He eyed the crown in amusement.

"Wait." Daniel pouted, clinging onto Jonah's arm. "If you're not here, then who's going to be my partner?"

Jack laughed. "Dude, I know you're madly in love with each other and everything, but we're not trying to make it obvious to the Limelights that you're dating. Besides, Jonah would probably get through the challenge twice as fast as the rest of us. Like, what a man." He joked, looking up at Jonah.

Daniel whined playfully. "Okay."

They divided up into two teams; Corbyn and Zach on the blue team, and Daniel and Jack on the red team. Jonah sat on a throne in the middle of the whole set, raised on a platform.

"Ready, set, go!"

Jonah watched in amusement from above while the boys tried to shoot down two targets by hitting the bullseye. Corbyn was the first to hit it, causing a drawbridge to fall. Corbyn and Zach crossed the drawbridge. Daniel hit it next, and Jack followed him to the next step.

Jonah chuckled as he watched the boys try to get past the next part. There was an eight-foot tall wall that they had to get on top of. Zach was trying to somehow grab the top with his hands, while Corbyn lifted him from the waist. But Zach kept getting ticklish and squirming, causing Corbyn to drop him.

Jonah frowned a little as he watched Jack lift Daniel by the hips, Daniel grabbing the top of the wall and struggling to get up. Jonah was a little jealous he couldn't do the obstacle course with Daniel, and be the one helping his boyfriend. Plus, Jack was probably getting a pretty spectacular view of Daniel's behind from there.

Daniel crawled up to the top. Jack tossed him the nerf guns, and they switched places.

Two masked people popped up and fired water guns at the boys, leaving them sopping wet. Jonah held back laughter as he watched both teams deal with the cold water.

Jack and Daniel finally managed to solve the final puzzle, an anagram that rearranged to form the name of the newest model of Nerf gun. They ran to the top of the castle, Daniel hopping into Jonah's lap. A red banner unfurled behind them, declaring Daniel and Jack the winners.

At the puzzle below, Corbyn and Zach got attacked by a barrage of Nerf pellets. Jack, Daniel, and Jonah joined the set crew in firing the contents of their Nerf guns at the losing team.