Car Accident: Pt. 2

Read Part 1 first☺It's right before this!

~~~~~~

"St... stop." Jack gasped weakly.

The room went silent. "Jack? Are you okay?"

"D... D... Dizzy."

Dizzy didn't begin to describe it. He was in the middle of a tornado. The room was spinning, crashing around him. The darkness was blinding him, screaming pain jolting through his head and slamming into his skull.

~~~~~~

For a moment the boy lay still, his face crumpled in a weak grimace.

And then he was shaking, his limbs twitching, his eyes going white.

"Oh my god he's having a seizure." Corbyn ran to the door, opening it. "Help! Help!"

The seizure only lasted minutes before the body fell limp to the bed.

Zach stared in fear, shaking slightly as he watched his best friend at the weakest point he'd ever been in.

A moment later, Jack let out a deep groan and his eyes blinked open. By now, doctors had entered the room and were keeping watch, silently.

He scanned the hazy room for a quick second, then leaned over to the side of his bed and threw up.

When he was done, he flopped back down in the bed, covering his face with shaky hands. The pain in his head wasn't gone. The room was still blurry. It was getting worse. The pounding returned, stronger and harder than before. The waves of pain had morphed into a tsunami, bearing down the unforgiving force of all its rage straight into his skull.

A final strangled gasp emerged from his lips before the curly-haired boy went limp.

~~~~~~

"Away from the bed." the doctors barked as they examined Jack. Jonah had to pull a stunned Zach out of the way.

"No blood in the vomit, it doesn't seem to be internal organ bleeding. Shock, maybe, or some other trauma from the accident. Has he been complaining about anything?" the doctors asked.

"He said he was dizzy." Jonah supplied.

"We might have to run some imaging tests. A CT scan might work, maybe an MRI. Depends on what we think is going on."

A doctor turned to the four friends. "I'm sorry, you'll have to leave the room."

~~~~~~

As soon as the boys left, the doctors turned into high gear. "I think it's fair to assume brain hemorrhaging of some sort, spurred by the accident. Let's go with a CT scan right away, just to be safe."

They wheeled Jack's unconscious form through to the neuroimaging room where they performed CT scans.  The scan was started as soon as possible.

When the first readings came through, the doctors weren't happy.

"It's bad."

~~~~~~

"What... what just happened?" Daniel muttered as the four boys walked down the hall.

Corbyn shook his head. "No idea. But it doesn't look good. I wish we'd been able to come sooner. Maybe we would actually have gotten a chance to talk to him."

Jonah nodded as they found seats in the waiting room. "We just have to hope that everything will work out."

Zach let out a shuddery sniffle, face cast towards the floor.

"You doing okay, bub?" Corbyn patted his shoulder. "Don't worry."

"I'm scared." Zach whispered hoarsely, his voice small and quiet.