55

It was a typical, warm, Friday night, which consisted of me binge watching all-time favorites.

I wiped the last few tears that slid down my cheeks as the notebook finished. I turned over to face jeongin, who surprisingly was also crying.

"Dang, y/n, what did you do to me?" He chuckled as he wiped away some tears. "I don't remember the last time I cried this much during a movie."

"Sometimes you don't even intend to," I laughed. "It just kinda hits u, and then boom; the waterworks."

"Not gonna lie, it was a good movie," he said as he stood up. "I'm gonna get some shut eye now, though. You?"

I shook my head. "No, I'll stay up until Hyunjin comes back. Well, unless I fall asleep." Hyunjin was supposed to be home hours ago for dinner w/ jeongin and I.

Jeongin chuckled. "annyeonghi jumuseyo."/ goodnight

"Night."

I turned back to the TV, flipping through the different programs that I could watch until Hyunjin came home. I looked endless shows for what seemed like forever, until I heard the door being unlocked.

The door opened, reveling a tall figure which I knew belong to Hyunjin. He walked over to the living room, causing the dim light to reflect on his face, revealing his bloodshot eyes.

"Hyunjin," I said as I stood up, walking over to him. I examined his worn-out looking face, finding his partially-healed bruises from a few days back, and his scent smelling of booze and cigarettes.

"Where have you've been? You were supposed to be home hours ago."

Hyunjin chuckled. "Why are you so worried? I was just out w/ a couple of friends."

I exhaled heavily. "What do you mean 'why am I so worried?' You've been out for so long doing god knows what, and haven't contacted me since! Of course I should be worried."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes. Pulling his hands down his face. "Would you stop being a fucking bitch, y/n"
(SHEESH!)
I shook my head in disappointment.

"Listen, I really don't want to argue. I'm tired. And plus, it's just a fucking Dinner. It's not like you and I aren't gonna have plenty of those."

He walked past me, and I watched him. My eyes wondered down to his neck, and stayed there until I noticed smthing. I pulled Hyunjin back by his wrist gently, squinting my eyes.

"What's that on you're neck?" I asked. His eyes widened as he lifted his hands to touch the bruised area.

He hesitated. "Oh, um, just some bruises from the fight."

"I don't remember seeing those."

" I just didn't cover them up today," he replied, showing annoyance.

"Alright."

There was another awkward silence, the sound of Hyunjin and I's heartbeat only beating hard.

"I'm going to bed," hyunjin said as he headed for the staircase. He turned to look at me one last time, and then proceeded.

"annyeonghi jumuseyo," I said faintly as he reaches the top of the stairs.

Too faint for him to hear.

*