Chapter 6

Harry

"I told you I'll be there in five!" I yell into the phone and jab my finger onto the red button before he could utter another word. The moment I look up, I'm met with a distorted and horrified figure of a girl barely seconds apart from being rammed into by my car.

My feet slam into the brakes just at the right time. My car barely has any physical impact on her but she loses her balance.

"Holy shit!" I curse hurrying out of the car to see her on the ground. I inch closer to see her face red with sweat clad hair sticking to her forehead and neck. Eyes barely open, her lips produce heavy pants.

A girl from school, I recognize.

She had been running for a while is what I observe from her state. But what I further observed were her tears stained cheeks, furrowed eyebrows and the dark lining under her eyes which made me believe that her actions had a major backstory. It seemed she had been running from something. Someone.

She was in a fight against this someone or something and I, a blatant intruder. I almost felt guilty.

My finger grip her wrist to check her pulse rate which was indeed abnormally low. My mind contemplates on leaving her stranded.

'It was kind of your fault, Harry,' My subconscious states.

'Seriously? I wasn't the one running like a mad woman,' I roll my eyes.

'I mean-'

'Shut up.' I snap at the idiots in my head.

I groan, picking her fragile body up. 

Fuck this.

:) Please vote and comment.