Chapter 3

Lennon

The party was today.

I dread each step I take towards home. 45 ways have I thought of how to ask permission but all of them have the same outcome: Lennon Hall's corpse under Bethany Winslow's Prada heels.

The cream coloured house was less than a feet away. In no time I was twisting the doorknob and letting myself in.

I am greeted with Beth, all doll-faced and pretty, sauntering across the room to collect her purse and phone.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"Not your place to ask," She snaps. Typical. "But if your father misses me too much, tell him I got a call from work."

She was definitely going out with her 'friends'.

"The dinner, washing dishes and taking out the garbage are your responsibilities." with that, she's out of sight with my Camry.

Once I reach my room, I take out my duck taped easel and the half done canvas. Mrs. Maura had undergone a surgery which gave me another three days time to give in my assignment.

Coating the surface of the canvas with water, I start my paint work.

Three hours in and I was done with my project: bittersweet. It was the painting of a bouquet of roses, held in the mouth of a skull. The roses defined the beauty of nature and the skull was a stark contrast of what nature takes away from us.

8:30 in the evening I decided to head for the kitchen just to be stopped by the echo of the doorbell through the house. The probability of it being dad or Beth made me open the door without checking.

Alandra pushes her way in causing the door to almost smack me in the face and Callie followed after. Alandra was in her ripped jeans along with a yellow fitting cropped top and Callie's body was clad in a blue floral dress with a low cut neck. They both hand me a look of disappointment.

"What are you wearing?" Alandra demands. Before I could explain my situation, both the females take the upper hand to drag me into my bedroom and perform what they called 'operation bedazzle'.

The ends of my hair were curled, my eyes sported an 80's chick look with thick black wings and a mid-sized, black, string sleeved, material adorned my body. The dress was a fit and flare. It accentuated my chest area and the top of my wait, flaring rest of the way till it ended mid-thigh.

I didn't look beautiful for nothing, l thought. The worry about my consequences flit out of my mind and I let myself loose.

Just for tonight.

**

Alandra, Callie, Dex, Oscar and I pull up in front of a massive house. It was expected since Wiktoria breathed rich. The inside seemed to be constituting half the school population. The music resonated with my heart beat, increasing the beating pace. Many of them were intoxicated beyond two days of recovery.

Party on Tuesday was a bad bad idea.

Dex, Oscar and Alandra soon joined the table that was playing beer pong. Callie and I wended our way through the crowd being the little timid pair.

"LE.. O.. AKE.. INK!"

"WHAT?"

"LET'S GO TAKE A DRINK!"

"OKAY!"

I let Callie lead us to the kitchen corner. Once there, I look wearily at the red plastic cups while Callie gulps down the contents from one. I pour myself some coke not trusting the ones already filled.