Lies And Sides

Sitting on the brown seat in front of a table on which books rest with his lunch plate, Joseph was watching his father twist the bar forcefully on the screen of his phone.

A pen between his lips, he watched this video forgetting to work on his studies. Plunged in his thoughts, he's surprised by Casey who arrived at his table.

"I didnt know you brought your books here..." She jokes a little as he looks up at her.

"I guess I got to if I want to learn things." He replies with a smile appearing on his face before getting up to greet her.

They hug each other for a second then Casey sat in front of him on the other seat.

"I'm glad to see you." He says softly.

"Me too." She answers sincerely, before she looks down to the second plate in front of her.

"Um... I've already ordered you you're lunch," He tells, confused. "I hope it don't bother you--"

"You already know what I would order... It's okay. " She smiles. "So..." She changes of topic. "What are you doing ?"

"Oh, I just work on the different type of cells for now..." He explains briefly as he takes a look at the pictures and texts onto his open book. "I really want to work hard to be able to pass the second year. They are really selective."

"It's a great opportunity, I understand." She says before looking at his phone and the video on it. "You... Did you get distracted ?" She asks, worried.

Joseph looks back at the screen and lock his phone quickly.

"No. That's nothing." He denies nervously.

"Really ?" She asks again, not convinced.

"Yeah, yeah of course. Don't worry about that." He replies nicely as he gets focus on his book again.

Casey watches him, frowning a little. Of course she was worried. The death of his father destroyed him and he didn't wanted to talk about it. He didn't wanted to be that kind of person who always complain and being sad and depressed but he could have been. That wasn't easy for him.

"Joseph." She calls him softly.

"Mh ?" He answers casually while he kept reading his book.

"Have you told about your father with your therapist ?" She asks.

"What ?"

"Your therapist, have you told him about how you feels ?"

"N-no..." He says, not leaving his eyes from the text.

"Why..?" She asks again, sad for him.

"Because I stop the therapy." He reveals simply.

"What ?" She frowns lightly, surprised.

"I stop the--"

"Yes, I get it." She cuts him. "Why didn't you told me that before ?"

"Because I thought you might not understand." He retorts as he eventually dare to looks up at her, triturating his pen between his fingers.

"In fact... Yes, indeed, I think it could've helped you to talk about your problems to someone but if you think you don't need it, I would've understood. You can trust me, you know that." She says sincerely. But suddenly, she hears police siren trought the window. Anxious, she discreetly looks outside on her left, seeing a police car driving fast on the road.

"Yeah, about that... You know you can tell me anything." Joseph tells her.

She swallows, Kevin coming into her mind again. What happened ? Did they find him ? Did Kevin lost the light ? Why did he drive that fast ? Only one car isn't enough for Kevin. It's surely for something else.