Guilty || part one

"Dennis..?" Casey whispers emotionally, surprised and calmed at the same time. She was so much scared.

In answer, he simply sighs. Never leaving her eyes, while he was displaying an anxious expression on his face. It was so tough to run everytime... At this moment, he could finally feel peaceful. Since the last time Dennis saw her, he realized he could trust her. Even though he wasn't as close to her as Kevin was.

"What are you..?" She starts to ask, completely lost, a new tear falling on her cheek. "Y-you shouldn't be here, everybody is looking for you- Kevin and all of you risk to--" She advises quickly, still lost.

"I know what we risk." He cuts her, with his Boston accent.

Their pulse was accelerated, this dangerous situation and for her unexpected, causing adrenaline to rise. Casey was confuse, he seemed so stressed out and somehow she knew it wasn't because of this.

"Listen to me. I don't have so much time and lot of thing to say. I can't keep the light for too long. And believe me, if had any other solution... I will do it. But I can't." He tells, Casey not looking away from him, trying to understand. "The Beast..." He starts, his voice crackled a little. "...He doesn't stop."

Casey frowned more, as her heart missed a beat. This was all she was afraid of...

"I can't take it anymore. I didn't want all this..." He explains sincerely. " The Horde, they have lost control. Patricia, Jade, Luke, Hedwig... They don't see the limits. I try at least to make Hedwig understand the reality, but Patricia keeps lying to him. Until now, The Beast kills young girls with no attachment so nobody will notices their death, because he knows that for the moment the authorities still risk complicating everything, but... Casey, I can hear their voices." Dennis says, sadness and guilty filled his voice. "I keep making nightmares and I can't do anything to make it stop. And I don't have anyone else to turn..." He sighs desperately, as Casey's face turn into sadness.

"I don't understand," She says with a trembling voice but a calm tone. "If Hedwig is still a part of The Horde... How can you comes to see me without he takes the light from you ?"

"He helps me." He slightly smile, still looking into Casey's eyes. "Even if he's still doubting, he begins to slowly come by my side. He's the one who can take the light whenever he wants... I never give up on him because he's just a kid, and I needed him to make myself back into the light." He explains.

"What do you mean... 'Back into the light'..?" She asks again, afraid of the answer.

"The Horde..." He sighs, raising his eyebrows slowly. "They try to banished everyone who's against The Beast. And until tonight, I was a part of 'em." He reveals.

Casey couldn't say a word. The Horde becomes insane. She didn't even imagine that it could be so awful...

"I know I was unfair to you, I shouldn't have listened to this-- Witch of Patricia... I'm sorry. I truly am." He insist, as Casey had her red and shiny eyes. It was so much in one night. "I need-- We needs help."

"I don't know how-... I don't get it, Kevin took over of The Beast once, why couldn't he do it a second time ? That would mean he's..?"

"Kevin, is banish too." He answer as Casey stay in shock. "Casey, the last time Kevin got the light, was back to Raven Hill... But him, me, Barry, Orwell... We are banish because we all tried to taking the light to stop this mess." He explains hardly. "Kevin might take over The Beast again, but he's too strong for me or anyone else."

"What do you want from me ?" She asks, worried about Kevin.

Dennis take a deep breath, staring at her.