Business Not As Usual

Well, training went great and when we were done, I walked back to the school building when Janet Jones walks up to me and goes

"I saw you today...on the field" she started

"oh yeah...well...that was nothing!" I said putting on my best 'model look' I could muster. Apparently I looked like I was holding in a fart, I so she bursts out laughing. I blush.

"Wh-what?" I asked stifling a laugh.

"The priceless look on your face!" she answered, currently reeling on the lockers, holding her tummy. She looked cute. Oh my days did I just say that...out loud? I'm still doing it. God no!!!

"You know I can hear you right?" she asks, giving me a knowing look.

"Unfortunately" I muttered, it was meant to be under my breath...as my ill-luck would have it, I agree heard. Curse my inside voice- or lack of it

"I'm not busy right now, wanna grab a smoothie?"

Holy Spirit, I'm so freaking excited, elated, ecstatic!!!!!

"Sure, but my car is in the mechanic" I lie.

"Or you don't have one. I've been watching you... I've never seen you with a car"

Busted

"Totally." she said. Damn can't I talk in my head?

"Apparently not!" she said sigh a cheeky smile. "But don't worry. That makes two of us- I mean the car-lessness, if that is a real thing. Besides, I'd like a good walk"

"Cool" I say, I blushing like crazy, I run my hand through my hair, trying so hard not to die of embarrassment.

As we walked into the Dia-Rhea Café, I spot the devil himself, Max, and he was actually looking apologetic. He started walking toward us and something in me resented his presence, I don't know why though.

When he got up to us, he glanced over at me. I watched as the once apologetic look on his face morphed into the usual glare, and look of disgust and resentment. After sending me his signature 'death glare', he turned to Janet, who witnessed the whole thing and had looked like she was planning on what to do. I watched with curiosity as he tried to flirt with her, and I noticed how much I hated the view.

Jealousy.

I turned to walk away and leave them to...do whatever it is that they were doing when Janet spotted me and yelled- well not really yelled but u get what I mean. She called out to me saying,

"Hey!!! Where are you sneaking off to!? You came here with me remember??" I'm sure she meant to say that playfully but it felt like daggers, thousands of the being wedged into my spine. I grit my teeth and turned, with a fake smile on my face directed at Max and said,

"oh sorry, I was just going to save us a booth...u know for some Privacy "

I don't know for sure if it sounded absurd, or if I was letting on more than what should probably have been subtle but as long as Max got the hint and left, I was okay.

We really got time to talk, and I have to say, I she is one interesting girl. Maybe by far the most interesting girl I've ever met.

We got up to leave and I paid - how gentleman-ly of me.

We had barely walked out of the café when she said,

"You're really cool you know, why haven't you always shown this side of yourself?"

Probably because nitwits like Max are around doing the same freaking thing !!!

"Oh this is the me I always have been. You just never got to know me since you successfully ignored me since the third grade", I said, my face as red as a tomato.

"Oh" she replied more like a statement than an interjection but, alright.

I had talked to her a few times before but this was surely business not as usual.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][

Janet's POV
When he said that, I won't lie... I felt like shit. He was right. All through both our lives we've known each other, and he had tried his best to be nice to me. I guess I just felt that he was going to be dead weight. Why?! You may ask, well... I have always been popular and he...well, has always gone unnoticed. God I feel so bad.

"Oh" I replied, I tried not to show the shame that I was feeling right now.

"I'm sorry. I-i don't know-" I tried to apologise but it sounded more like me choking.

"Hey. It's okay" he said as he touched my shoulder.

Holy Fudge

I couldn't help but think he noticed me turn bright red. I don't know why but when he touched me, I just felt a sensation...like-like a crack of electricity  flowing through me. The feeling which soon transformed to heat all over my face. It was like the sensation you get when you're cold and you take a hot bath. Yep, that feeling.

I wanted to say something intelligent like yh okay... I'm fine, instead I said something that sounded a lot like "Uh-mmm a-ak-uu", and then I let out a little squeak.

God I'm such an idiot!!! Ugh!!!
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

                               A/N
Hey guys! Sorry for late update. It won't happen again (it most likely will) but I'll try my best to write more than I do now, I and update more frequently than I do.

Oh and I need an opinion. Should Janet's dad be the villain? Cause the next chapter is going to be where all the action starts.

Spoiler alert!!!
In the next three chapters, Janet finds out that Johnny Greene is a superhuman.😱😱😱

Stay blessed!!!;-) XD

Sorry one more thing. Do you want longer chapters, shorter chapters, or just medium like these one.

Please read, vote, and comment. Also please please please please please please please please please please please please please please recommend me to your friends and readers.

Okay now, for real...

...Stay Blessed