You're My Prince & I'm Your Rose

Start from the beginning

Jungkook. Jimin. Iseul.

Jimin's smile widened as he looked up at Iseul's sparkling, round eyes. "This is amazing, Iseul! Wow, I can't believe you thought of this!" He looked back down at the pure drawing and allowed his expression to soften deeply, wishing the drawing was reality.

Another poke at his shoulder.

There was a message that Iseul wrote at the back of the paper.

This is where we'll go after Jimin hyung and I finally get released from the hospital! And Jungkook hyung will always be by our side!

Jimin's eyes widened as his heart lurched in his throat. A flurry of emotions spun and crashed within him and he felt like he was standing at the eye of a raging hurricane, safe from the actual terror and pain. Laughing, he grabbed Iseul and pulled him into a massive hug.

"Yes...of course. This is where I want to go. This is where we'll all be free..." He whispered.

Iseul giggled silently and wrapped his tiny arms around Jimin's neck.

The older boy ignored the dull ache throbbing from the fading bruises on his wrist as he tightened his hold almost protectively over the small child. His smile slowly withered, droplets of sadness hitting the plane of euphoria, spreading in large ripples that reverberated in his mind. He closed his eyes and imagined himself alone at the peaceful, vacant beach with endless sands and sapphire shores. However, instead of feeling joy, he was shrouded with fear and guilt. The sky faded to obscure clouds, the sea began to twist and crash violently in gray, murky colors, the salty breeze suddenly roared with intense torrents of wind.

Jimin's dream turned into a nightmare.

He wrapped his arms defensively around himself in anxiety, feeling so small in front of the angry sea that thundered and writhed in anger, ready to launch at Jimin's tiny form without a shred of mercy. Tears rained down his face as he watched his own reflection from the water staring back at him. Except, he wasn't alone. There was a woman there, strings of graying brown hair drifting over her dead eyes; scarlet blood painted her temples and neck and her white, chapped lips abruptly spread into an ill smile.

A warm, wet feeling dragged the blonde back to reality, and he opened his eyes.

Iseul was shaking - crying against his limp body. He pulled back and wrote something on his notepad with trembling fingers. Then, he held it up with eyes now puffy from crying.

I love you, Jimin hyung. Please don't give up.

The dullness in Jimin's eyes waned as the normal light in them returned like the inevitable sunrise. He smiled and tugged the child gently to touch foreheads with him.

"I love you too, Iseul-ah. You'll always be my best friend... Thank you. I won't. I won't give up." He said softly.

The two hugged once more as Jimin urged Iseul to go back down to his room before the nurses would find out he's missing. He was left alone again, but he waited.

He waited for Jungkook. Jungkook, who always managed to make him smile with his clumsy jokes and unimaginable intelligence. Jungkook, who always listened to his songs and complied to his wishes, listening to his pointless rants and holding him in his strong arms. Jungkook, who was like the rising sun at dawn, his laughter radiating across the heavens in blends of gold and azure and coral.