Meeting Him Again

"No, I'm sorry. I can't accept this." Jungkook states to the girl who was shyly tapping one foot against the floor behind her as she held a love letter for him.

"What? W-Why not?" She asks, sounding hurt as her eyes grew wide and teary.

Jungkook sighed and took a step backwards in the empty hallway. "I'm not the right person. I'm sorry, and I hope you will find someone one day." Then he walked away without another glance, ignoring the girl's dramatic cries from behind.

This wasn't the first time Jungkook rejected a love letter. He's received countless confessions ever since he entered high school until this point in his life, and quite frankly, he has yet to find anyone he held true feelings for. All his friends believed he's asexual, but he responds with a snipped retort along the lines of "I don't have have time for stupid teenage love" or whatever. Taehyung would often suggest accepting for once to experience or to try not break someone's heart.

"Why would I lead them on like that? Don't you think that's more cruel?" Jungkook says, opening his English textbook in the classroom. "That's called snatching someone's heart and throwing it to the ground like it's worth nothing, Taehyung. On purpose. I'm not that kind of person."

His friend nodded in understanding as he leaned back on his chair comfortably. "Sometimes I wish I thought like you, Kook. Even though you seem a little out of it at times, there's something unique with the way you interpret the world."

Jungkook smiled warmly, taking his words as a large compliment. What he said was the truth. There's no way out of it when it comes to breaking someone's heart when you don't love them the same way they love you. The only difference is that pretending to love that person is worse than rejecting them to save their feelings...because in the end, you're going to end up hurting them even more.

Professor Kim walked into the classroom with a dimpled smile, his hands smoothing out the wrinkles in his white button down. He grabbed the yellow chalk and began writing english phrases over the long board.

Jungkook sighed, and for once, didn't bother to take any notes or pay attention to the lesson. Thoughts of the boy with curled blonde hair and velvety, star-filled eyes occupied his mind. He remembered his pink, lush lips that curled into a brilliant smile and his small hands that held his own with gentleness.

He was going to make sure they meet tonight.

.o0O0o.

His heart was thumping in excitement as he quickly walked into the mental hospital alone. A few nurses frowned at his unusual behavior, but he ignored them as he went up the stairs to Iseul's room. Once he slowly knocked and entered, he noticed Iseul sitting on his bed, drawing a giant robot on his sketchbook with a blue crayon; a box of crayons was left opened beside him, some of the colors fallen to the floor carelessly.

"Hey," Jungkook smiled. Iseul grinned up at him with anticipation sparkling in his innocent eyes. The child flipped the sketchbook over quickly and showed Jungkook the messy but carefully lined drawing of Optimus Prime.

"Wow, this is amazing, Iseul-ah!" Jungkook gasped as he held the drawing and smiled at Iseul's small face beaming with pride. "It looks just like him!"

Iseul giggled and flipped the page over, scribbling something down before flipping it over again.

'I missed you, hyung. We should play later, but Jimin hyung is waiting for you upstairs. You should go.'

Jungkook felt his heart race at the thought of the other also anticipating their reunion. Even though they just met yesterday, he couldn't help but want to see Jimin again. It was strange.